Author Topic: Free Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC Coming Next Week  (Read 1011 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Free Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC Coming Next Week
« on: April 06, 2012, 11:33:24 PM »
The Resurgence DLC Pack will bring new maps, weapons, characters and more to multiplayer Mass Effect 3.

Maybe Electronic Arts feels bad about its recent selection as the worst company in America, or maybe it's not actually a gigantic clown car of jerks after all. Whatever the reason, the well-loaded Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Pack is coming next week and it's not going to cost a thing as long as you snag it within the next two years.

The Resurgence Pack will include two maps, Firebase Condor, a besieged outpost on one of Palaven's moons, and Firebase Hydra, an abandoned Quarian colony that now functions as a vital power facility. Six new unlockable characters are also in the mix, the Asari Justicar Adept, Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard, Batarian Soldier, Batarian Sentinel, Geth Engineer and Geth Infiltrator, along with three new weapons to keep them all looking sharp at parties: the Striker assault rifle, Kishock harpoon gun and Geth plasma SMG.

And what's a multiplayer DLC pack without something to throw your money at? Rounding out the Resurgence Pack are the Strength Enhancer, Targeting VI, Stabilization Module and Shield Power Cell consumables, each of which offers a specific single-mission ability bonus. The new consumables can be found alongside the old ones in "reinforcement packs" that are purchased with in-game credits.

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is a lot of fun and more is always better, but I'm a little bit baffled by the time-limited nature of the offer. Free for the next two years? I get the idea of using giveaways to attract attention but "Hey, get this before spring 2014 or you'll miss out!" doesn't really drive a powerful sense of urgency. Whatever the reason, the Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack is only free until April 12, 2014, so you might want to... eh, take your time.