Author Topic: Newsletter and State of the Forum  (Read 1536 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Newsletter and State of the Forum
« on: January 09, 2011, 07:09:38 PM »

Windows7NewsInfo Newsletter and State of the Forum New Year Members Report

Happy New Year to all W7NI Members and Guests.

It has been a while since I have had the opportunity and privilege of contacting everybody at the same time.  As we start a New Year 2011 the third year for W7NI we have seen some noticeable changes in our forum as well as in Windows 7.

After 3 years of continuous growth, covering every continent and having members in every country on earth -- W7NI remains 'Spam Free with a Clean Environment without Advertisements', and above all FREE for all who join.  While providing prompt and courteous support from our global staff 24/7/365. 

Just as a refresher Your Global staff is;

Riso
Founder/Owner/Senior System Administrator

Javajolt/DMHolt57
System Administrators

Irtehpasty
Super Moderator

vastac13, zYb
Global Moderators

ChristianW7, gangsta4christ, Heavenly, Kinerinu, Ulead
Moderators

Windows 7 has now reached a global usage rate of 20% reported by Internet metrics company Net Applications. Windows 7 gained no less than 1.18% between November and December 2010, jumping from 19.69% to almost 21%, a milestone which the platform is right on track to also leave behind this month. With this continued growth we'll see Windows Vista and Windows XP domination continue to decline.  With this usage rate I would calculate Windows 7 sales to be in the range of 300 million copies and growing rapidly.

Throughout 2010 W7NI continued to grow not only in size but content too.  To chronicle this growth January 2010 there were 1,435 members and now January 3, 2011 we have 1,887 new and active members a difference of 452.  During this same time period we had 8,896 posts today 19,414 this is an astounding difference of 10,518, this comes from You our loyal and active members...Thank You!!

2010 we saw 2 of our very own members elevated to higher position.

April 2010 - DMHolt57 was elevated to the position of Administrator, and carried out this position displaying his true professionalism and dedication to Our Staff and the members of Windows7NewsInfo and sister sites.

February 2010 - irtehpasty was elevated to Super Moderator and he continues to fill this Highest Moderator position with compassion, dedication, wisdom and a truly remarkable since of humor.

August 2010 - A Slideshow was installed in the upper right corner and made apparent on all pages of the forum.  We saw the creation of new and noticeable Boards in various Categories.

• Conferences & Congresses Category got a new board for the Flash Memory Summit 
                      • Android OS and Apps Board was added to Mobile Devices and Apps/Mobile O.S.'s Category.  In this same Category The Mobile Board was renamed Win Mobile Apps.

July 2010 - Saw the creation of a New Category ''Giants in Tech''  This category holds boards for the Big Boys we all look to for our toys.

• Apple      • Google     • Intel     • Microsoft

As you might imagine these boards filled up fast and continue to grow almost as fast as Windows 7 all versions globally.  Although I have only pointed out just a few of the board creations, there was a total of 33 boards instituted over the last 12 months.

I know all of you are aware of our sister site;

http://www.windows8newsinfo.com/smfhttp://www.windows8newsinfo.com

As we all eagerly await the release of Microsoft's next Operating System ( possibly branded Windows 8 ). Riso has been in the background acquiring, installing, and configuring our own dedicated server for this upcoming major event, providing maximum content space and speed. In the past we have had all of our sites on shared servers which has up to this point in time benefited all of our needs.  This new server is already up and running and being extensively tested before being activated for your use and leisure.

Curious? Want to take a look? Follow these links: http://www.windows8news.info | http://www.windows8news.info/smf

In closing I would like to again Thank all 1,887 of you with a personal email but that is out of the range of practicality, therefore this Newsletter will have to say it for me.

Riso
Founder/Owner

Javajolt
System Administrator

Ps; If you are a guest and reading this Newsletter, Please follow this link and join Windows7NewsInfo and find out what you are missing. Thank you!!

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:30:02 PM by javajolt »