Author Topic: Netbook Navigator’s Nav 9 slate PC gets affordable, guns for the iPad  (Read 557 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
When the folks at Netbook Navigator first asked me to write about the company’s new 9 inch tablet PC I had a hard time getting past the high price tag of nearly $1200. But that price was for an early model that packed 3G capabilities and was intended for early adopters. Now Netbook Navigator has updated the pricing for the Nav 9 tablet and the base model costs just $799. Yeah, that’s still enough money to pick up 2-3 netbooks, but here’s what you get for the money:

•Display: 8.9 inch, 1024 x 600 pixel multitouch display

•CPU: 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 CPU

•Graphics: Intel GMA 950

•Storage: 16GB SSD

•RAM: 2GB

•Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth, LAN, optional 3G HSDPA or CDMA

•I/O: 3 USB ports, MiniSD card slot, SIM card slot, port replicator w/VGA/LAN adapter, 1.3MP webcam

•Battery: 3 cell, 1700mAh (2.5 hours max)

•Dimensions: 10″ x 6.6″ x 0.8″

•Weight: 2 pounds

•Other: car charger

The 3G module will cost you extra, as will a higher capacity battery which is good for up to 4 hours of run time. You can also get the Nav 9 with a 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB SSD. The most expensive unit will run you $1399, but the $799 starting price is certainly much more appealing than the $1200 the company was charging earlier.

Netbook Navigator has also put together a handy chart comparing the Nav 9 tablet to the upcoming Apple iPad and the already-on-the-market Archos 9 tablet. The long and short of it is that the Nav 9 supports multitasking, supports USB peripherals and SD card expansion, and comes in more varieties. Oh yeah, it can also run most Windows applications. On the other hand, it’s thicker and heavier than the other tablets.

Plus you get a choice of colors

We reported on this during CES 2010 and you can read that article right here on Our Forum here:
http://www.windows7newsinfo.com/smf/index.php/topic,5913.0.html
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:52:02 PM by javajolt »