Author Topic: Apple's tablet captured 75.3 percent of worldwide market share.  (Read 693 times)

Offline riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
Apple's tablet captured 75.3 percent of worldwide market share.
« on: February 02, 2011, 04:35:01 PM »
iPad market share falls to 75.3 percent due to Android. Android-based devices grabbed 21.6 percent share, according to market research firm Strategy Analytics. Windows and other platforms made up the rest.
Apple thus lost about 20 percent of the market share pie to Google when comparing Q3 2010 to Q4 2010. Three months ago, Strategy Analytics said the iPad had 95.5 percent of the market while Android devices only had 2.3 percent.

Despite the huge changes, both Apple and Google are riding the tablet market explosion, selling more last quarter than in the one preceding it. In Q3 2010, Apple shipped 4.2 million iPads, while in Q4 2010, the company pushed out 7.3 million units. The total for last year was 14.8 million iPads. In Q3 2010, 100,000 Android tablets shipped, while in Q4 2010, 2.1 million units hit store shelves. In total, about 2.3 million Android tablets shipped worldwide last year.

We can expect both those numbers to further grow with each quarter this year.

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Re: Apple's tablet captured 75.3 percent of worldwide market share.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:48:20 PM »
I live in the heart of the Silicon Valley where tech is at its best, I am in and out of coffee shops, restaurants, stores, etc. constantly, ride the bus, train and subways and the only place I have seen the iPad or others is in Best Buy.  I fly domestically and internationally on a regular basis and yet to have seen an iPad or any other tablet pulled out of a bag and used.  San Francisco to Incheon International Airport, South Korea the most connected country in the world is a 12.5 hour flight nobody used a tablet of any kind.  Why?

Lets take a look and find out exactly Why!

When you write or say these numbers 7.3/14.8 million be it tablet computers, local currency, people etc, they sound impressive, but in actuality they are not impressive at all.

The United States population as of 2010 is 311,998,621 people.  If the entire approximately 22 million of these things were sold in the United States in 2010 this means only 7% of the people bought this device and with 50 states this means 440,000 are located in each state.  However we know this 22 million figure is worldwide right? 

Now the big picture.

The World population at the end of 2010 was approximately 6,897,442,178 again with roughly 22 million ipad devices sold this represents 0.0035%.  With 195 countries in the world even though the ipad is not sold in all countries, but for this lets assume it is, this means each country has 112,820 ipad in it.

To me this 22 ,000,000 figure is abysmal and fully explains Why this device is not as popular as the media keeps on telling us.