Author Topic: Windows Thin PC beta download now available  (Read 3676 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows Thin PC beta download now available
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:11:46 PM »
Microsoft has today released Windows Thin PC CTP on Connect.  The build string of this version is 6.1.7601.17514.win7sp1_rtm_embedded_pos.110225-1900 which states that this build was compiled on Feb 25th.Windows

Thin PC (WinTPC) is a locked down version of Windows 7 that allows customers to repurpose existing PCs as thin clients without requiring the VDA license to access VDI desktops. WinTPC replaces WinFLP.  In addition, WinTPC will offer:

■ Rich VDI experience through support for RemoteFX

■ Improved end point security by denying certain disk writes via filters

■ Enterprise-grade management support through System Center

Windows Thin PC (WinTPC) is a new version of Windows 7 designed specifically for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) customers. Windows Thin PC is a smaller footprint, locked down version of Windows 7 designed for virtualised environments to rebuild their existing PCs as thin clients. PCs with WinTPC will not require the VDA license that regular thin clients will need to access VDI desktops according to Microsoft.

The first beta of Windows Thin PC is now available at the company’s Connect testing site.

It appears Microsoft Connect is having a bit of difficulities.

Microsoft is not planning to charge customers for Windows Thin PC. Instead, the company will offer it as part of Microsoft’s Software Assurance offerings for customers. Microsoft’s Software Assurance Licensing allows businesses large and small to spread licence costs over multiple years and receive “free” upgrades to newer versions during the licence period.

For complete set of screenshots visit this page.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:29:34 PM by javajolt »

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Update: Windows Thin PC beta download now available
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 02:31:56 AM »

I have now downloaded the iso, and split it into 6 rar files.  I am in the process of uploading them and once uploaded I will post the download links here.

Thanks
javajolt
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 05:58:24 AM by javajolt »

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Update 2: Windows Thin PC beta download now available
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:12:49 AM »

Although it has taken all day and most of the evening, to get this, I have finally succeeded.  I have always been told "All Good Things Come To Those That Wait"

For those of you who are interested in Windows Thin PC - below are the links to download the rar files (6 total).  Once unRar'd it will be an .iso file.  Burn the file with your prefered disc authoring software and you are good to go.

For Free and Easy to use image burning software I prefer image burn which can be found here

* * * * * and now the links y'all have been waiting for * * * * *

download details
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 07:38:48 AM by javajolt »