Author Topic: Windows 7 Eternity Edition Installation  (Read 5774 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 7 Eternity Edition Installation
« on: July 27, 2011, 10:16:08 PM »
Recently a member ask about Windows 7 Eternity Edition, and of course detailed information was provided along with the appropriate download links.  Yesterday I downloaded all 11 parts of Windows 7 Eternity Edition and today have installed it on a test machine running an AMD Athlon 2200+ 1.80GHZ processor with 2GB DDR400 Dual Channel RAM and 250GB HDD.

If you have installed Windows 7 in any flavor several huindred times you have come to expect a smooth installation, which of course I got.  Below are pictures I took throughtout the installation process.  The first set of pictures I had to use a digital camera so apologies are in order for the flash and in some instances centering.  The latter set I was able to use Windows 7 snipping tool which preduced in better images.

It comes with Firefox 3.0.6 installed, however you can uninstall it in Program and Features which I did since I do not like Firefox.  The following images were taken with a Kodak Digital 12MP camera.  Turning the flash off produces less than desirable results.

Windows 7 snipping tool captures

1st-screen-after-setup

no-activation

after-script-loader

win-ver

slmgr-xpr

I was under the impression that there was a custom Mediaplayer however as you can see for the image it appears to be the standard issue Windows Mediaplayer.

As you can see from the about screen this is standard issue

All in all everything went smoothly, all updates installed without a hitch, and once the desktop was clear of clutter (except the Rocket Dock cannot be turned off) Windows 7 Eternity Edition is rather impressive.  For more on Windows 7 Eternity Edition and download links see here.