Author Topic: Fix: Error Code 0xc00d11cd, 0x8000ffff; Can’t Play Music In Windows 8 Music App  (Read 944 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Music app is one of the leading Windows 8 native app that users prefer nowadays. However there may be a situation when may find that you just can’t play music on the app. This could be due to corruption in registry settings. Today. I’ll discuss such an error and will provide you the way to fix it.

As you can see in the above image, there is an issue and Windows simply “Can’t play”. If you’re getting this error on Surface tablet using Windows RT, then restarting the tablet could fix it. In case you’re using Windows 8 on desktop then I suggest you to try following steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Key + R combination, in the Run dialog box type Regedt32.exe then hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to following registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio

3. In the right pane of this location, you’ll find a DWORD named DisableProtectedAudioDG. Since you’re facing the issue, the DWORD will have Value data equals to 1. Double click on it to modify:

4. In the above window, input the Value data equals to 1. Click OK. That’s it!

NOTE : In case you don’t have the DWORD in the registry location, you can create it using Right click -> New -> DWORD Value. After creating it, it will have have default Value data equals to 0 which will work great and fix the issue automatically.

courtesy:thewindowsclub