Author Topic: Five reasons for the failure of Vista  (Read 2399 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Five reasons for the failure of Vista
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:23:53 PM »
18 months after publishing, Windows Vista is installed on only 8.8 percent of corporate computers. Microsoft has extended the OEM version of Windows XP and preferred Windows 7. What has Microsoft been doing wrong?

There is something wrong in Redmond: Windows Vista was launched with many hopes and promises but it never came to a full swing and it no longer gets the opportunity to do so, at least not anymore for corporate PCs.

However, Vista's reputation is largely ruined. Indirectly Microsoft tries to make a better privilege for Windows Vista with new ads at TV. In fact, the IT-Departments will ignore Windows Vista and it won´t change in the future either. This is why I believe there are five reasons why Windows Vista has failed and it can´t make it anymore.

Detailed analysis of a disaster

The first reason:

Windows Vista is incompatible with the past Windows code. Windows XP prevailed because it didn´t have too much problems with the older applications and drivers, which were designed for Windows 95 and 98. At the same time, Windows XP satisfied the security and stability.

Windows Vista was not compatible with any driver from the beginning and beta stages. Microsoft published Windows Vista in January 2007 and there were only 5% drivers that could run under Windows Vista. Unfortunately we can´t say if this problem was because of Microsoft or the software developers who didn´t create compatible software and drivers for Windows Vista. Microsoft has announced many times in the past that the reason for Windows Vista´s incompatibility was the new security features which Windows Users were asking for.

The second reason:

Windows XP has been too successful. Windows XP came available on the market in 2001 and at that time, there were approximately 600 million computers around the world and 80% of them ran on Windows operation. Two thirds of users used Windows 95/98; good quarter Windows NT/2000. The major goal of Windows XP was to unify the base code of different Windows operations.

However, there are almost twice as many PCs in use right now. Around 70 percent of them run under Windows XP. The PCs in the network of the IT-Departments run under Windows XP without any problem and it will be very complicated to switch from XP to Vista because of compatibility problems.

The third reason:

Windows Vista is too slow. Vista requires about 50 million lines of code. Windows XP ranged at startup with 35 million lines of codes, now it is up to 40 million. Even on the latest hardware, the latest version of Windows XP is more powerful than the latest version of Windows Vista. But nobody wants a new PC that is slower than the old one.

The fourth reason:

Microsoft should never create Windows Vista. Because of Windows Vista, Microsoft had to change the .Net Web Services Strategy and its business model from retail model to software subscriptions.

The fifth reason:

Apple has had success with its ads against Windows Vista at TV in the last few years. Actually, this argument is valid only in the U.S., Britain, and Japan because this known TV-ad “I´m a Mac” is running only in these three countries. Microsoft has started 4 weeks ago its biggest TV-ad “I´m a PC” but it is very late and it won´t help Microsoft to make a better reputation for Windows Vista.

Those of us who have installed, configured, and tried the various versions of Vista have our own reasons for the failure, however this is the general concensius for the failure, and it appears Microsoft is going to accept this fate.

Vista May It Rest In Peace

javajolt

Offline sceadwe

Re: Five reasons for the failure of Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 09:18:36 PM »
Wow jj,

very well put! i agree 100%. ;D

R.I.P. Vista!!!
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+ Overclocked @ 3.05 Ghz
4.00 GB DDR2 800 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (256Mb)
Windows 7 Ultimate RC Build 7100 x64

Offline ChristianW7

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 11:02:33 PM »
I have Vista installed on my computer in case of any major error in the Windows 7 State. When the retail of 7 comes out I'm completly never using Vista again.

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 01:06:19 AM »
I had Vista dual booted with W7 on my laptop, and without realizing I installed W7 build 7048 ontop of Vista.  At this time in space I only have W7 on my laptop and XP Pro dual booted on my primary desktop.

Now ask if I am Happy Vista is Dead and Burried?

Like I said,

R. I. P.

Offline Heavenly

• You. Me. All of us.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 06:43:51 AM »
Nice topic,

I agree with your reasons, I have Vista installed on my laptop and it's really slow (not going to start about programs that don't work because of Vista).
~ Quit living on dreams. «