Author Topic: Microsoft releases update KB3217877 for Windows Vista  (Read 813 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Microsoft releases update KB3217877 for Windows Vista
« on: March 23, 2017, 09:39:18 PM »

We all know that the clock is ticking for Windows Vista. Microsoft will end the support for the OS on April 11, the same day that the Creators Update OS is expected to arrive.

However, the Redmond giant hasn’t yet stricken Vista off its update list. Actually, Microsoft has recently rolled out a new update to Windows Vista. The only downside is that there is no additional information available about the exact content of this update.

More information is supposedly available on the official support page of KB3217877. However, the page is currently unavailable, as the link doesn’t bring up anything. As a result, many users prefer to wait and install the update later, when more details become available about its exact content.

Windows Vista KB3217877

I know Vista is an old OS but it is still receiving patches.

A patch for KB3217877 was recently released saying that it resolves issues in Windows with more information supposedly at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3217877. Unfortunately, this link doesn’t bring up anything and I do not like installing anything without knowing what it is supposed to do.

So there is no detail in the patch itself, no corresponding KB article, and google doesn’t bring anything up about it either.

It appears that KB3217877 is actually an update for Universal C Runtime in Windows Vista. This type of updates allows Windows desktop apps that depend on the Windows 10 Universal CRT release to run on earlier Windows operating systems.

Microsoft should soon activate the official support page of KB3217877 and publish more information about this update. If you’ve already installed KB3217877 on your computer and you noticed anything particular, use the comment section below to tell us more about your experience.

source:windowsreport
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:40:50 PM by javajolt »