Author Topic: PS5: The Ultimate FAQ 5/5  (Read 51 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
PS5: The Ultimate FAQ 5/5
« on: November 10, 2020, 04:04:36 PM »
What Family/Parental controls are available with PS5?

If you’re an adult with an account for PlayStation Network, you can create an account for your child and become a family manager. This can be done in the Family Management section of your account settings.

The family manager can:

• Manage playtime.

• Manage purchases from the family manager wallet.

• Manage access to games, videos, and apps.

• Disable messaging and voice chat.

• Block videos, broadcasts, and pictures created by other players.

• Appoint other adults in the family as “guardians.” This allows them to set and change controls, such as how
      much can be spent from your wallet, for all the child family members.

Additionally, parental controls allow the family manager to institute age level restrictions for certain games and media, playable hours, spending limits, communication with other players, and use of PlayStation VR.

Can I change my Online ID?

Yes! Please visit this page for more details.

Can I customize my privacy options to Appear Offline?

Yes, you can Appear Offline. In a new feature on PS5, you can also set your status to “Busy,” to let friends and other players know not to disturb you.

Can I link other services to my PlayStation account?

Yes. PS5 offers integrated features with Spotify, Twitch, Twitter, and YouTube, and you can link your account to these services.

Creating and Sharing Content

How does the new Create button on the DualSense wireless controller work?

The Create button gives players the ability to capture just the right moment in their gaming session. In the Create menu, you can choose to save a portion of your past gameplay, start a manual recording, take a great screenshot, or broadcast gameplay.

Additionally, the most common controls that players like to change (recording resolution, screenshot format, whether to include voice chat audio in the recording) are easily available without having to leave the game.

What video length can I capture on PS5?

PS5 automatically captures the last 60 minutes of gameplay. To save the footage, you’ll press the Create button and select “save recent gameplay.” There, you can select as little as the last 15 seconds, up to the last 60 minutes of your play session.

PS5 automatically captures the past 60 minutes of your gameplay at 1080p resolution. 4K resolution is also available if you manually record your gameplay using the Create button.

What resolution will video content be captured at?

By default, recorded video is saved at 1080p and up to 60 frames per second. 4K video recording is also available if you manually record your gameplay using the Create button.

There is a setting in the Create Menu called Manual Recording Resolution, which is visible when your PS5 is connected to a 4K capable TV. Players will be able to choose between 1920×1080 (default) or 3840×2160. The setting stays until you or another player on your console changes it or connects the console to a non-4K TV.

Where are my captured screenshots and video content stored on PS5?

Captured screenshots and videos are saved to the Media Gallery on PS5. The Media Gallery is accessible in the Games home screen and allows for viewing, editing, sharing, copying to a USB drive, and playback of USB-based media.

How can I save the video and images I record on PS5 to another device?

Players can select images and videos and copy them to an external USB drive.

What options do I have for outputting the captured video? Can I stream or export video in 4K from my PS5 to external services?

1080p and 4K video can be shared with external services, but the output resolution may be reduced depending on the shared platform.

In which formats and resolutions can I capture screenshots on PS5?

You can save screenshots as JPEG or PNG formats at 1920×1080 or 3840×2160 resolutions. Players can also capture (and view) HDR screenshots if PS5 is connected to an HDR display. When HDR screenshots are exported or shared, PS5 converts them to a standard JPEG image.

Where can I share content at launch?

Players can share screenshots and video clips (up to 3 minutes long) with friends in their Parties on PS5 or the PlayStation App for mobile devices. Players can also share to external services including Twitch, Twitter, and YouTube.

Can I transmit my shared content to the new PlayStation App for mobile devices for easy mobile sharing?

Players can share images and videos in Parties via Game Base, and that content is viewable on the new PlayStation app for mobile devices.

Does PS5 offer capture device support?

Yes. PS5 will allow the use of external HDMI-based capture devices by disabling HDCP in the Settings menu.

What improvements does Share Factory Studio on PS5 offer over Share Factory on PS4?

Share Factory Studio is a powerful media editor for your PS5. The app offers a much more robust set of editing features than the basic quick-edit feature for your gameplay capture. Share Factory Studio on PS5 provides a new set of tools and many new features, such as 4K HDR video support. Create visual wonders and share them for others to see!

What are the Share Screen and Share Play?

Share Screen is a new feature for PS5. Share Screen allows a user to broadcast their game screen in real time to up to 16 Party members in a voice chat. Think of it as a small-scale game broadcast session between friends.

While using Share Screen, a player can use Share Play (active PlayStation Plus subscription required), to pass a “virtual controller” to another voice chat participant, who can then play the game remotely for up to one hour while the Party continues to watch and chat.

Share Play will also allow up to two players to play a local co-op game together, even if the other player does not own the game.

Can I transfer my captured media (gameplay clips, screenshots) from PS4 to PS5?

No, though you can export them via the built-in Capture Gallery application to a compatible USB drive from your PS4 console for safekeeping.

Other Questions

How many users can sign into one PS5?

Up to 16 users can be registered to one PS5, and up to four users can log in at the same time.

Does PS5 feature a web browser?

No, the PS5 system doesn’t include a dedicated web browser app. 

How does Remote Play on PS5 work?

Players will be able to access their PS5 from a PC or mobile device via Remote Play in the same way as PS4. With PS5, you’ll also be able to access your PS5 from a PS4 console or another PS5 via Remote Play.

Learn more about Remote Play, including app download links, here.

Are there any other changes to Remote Play with the launch of PS5?

We’re updating PS4’s Remote Play feature. Now, in addition to being able to access your PS4 from a PC or a mobile device, your PS4 can access other consoles via Remote Play too, right on your TV. This includes the ability to connect to your PS5 and stream a PS5 game to your PS4 so you can play it there.

Additionally, Remote Play will add support for up to three additional users to join the Remote Play session, which allows users to enjoy local multiplayer games via Remote Play.

I don’t see my question answered in this document. How do I get it answered?

We will be updating this post more in the future, so leave your question in the comments below and keep checking back!

source