Author Topic: How to Change the IP Address on Your iPhone  (Read 135 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
How to Change the IP Address on Your iPhone
« on: August 20, 2022, 01:48:40 PM »

From increased privacy to enhanced internet connection, there are a number of reasons why iPhone users might want to alter the Internet Protocol (IP) address on their devices. For something that could seem rather difficult if you’re not tech-savvy, the switch on your phone is relatively straightforward if you follow one of two simple paths.

How to change the IP address on your iPhone automatically

1. On your iPhone, click on the gray app icon that says “Settings.”

2. Right near the top of your menu, you should see the “Wi-Fi” tab. Tap on it.

3. Once you’re in the Wi-Fi section, touch the blue icon “i” with the blue circle around it next to your Wi-Fi network.

4. Inside, you will see your network’s information and details. Toward the bottom of your screen is the blue tab to “Renew Lease.” To automatically renew your IP address, click on the “Renew Lease” option, then click on it again when the menu pops up from the bottom. Your IP address will be updated.

How to manually change the IP address on your iPhone

1. Start the same way as the automatic option: Open your “Settings” app.

2. Select the “Wi-Fi” tab, and then click the encircled blue “i” symbol in the right corner of your Wi-Fi network’s bar.

3. This time, once you’re inside the Wi-Fi network’s information and details page, tap the “Configure IP” option in the bottom third of the screen. In that menu, switch to “Manual.”

4. After selecting “Manual,” the screen regenerates options for you, including “IP Address,” “Subnet Mask” and “Router.”

5. After inputting the information on the screen, make sure you save the details so the IP address updates. You now have changed your IP address.

source