Author Topic: $399 iPad coming to TJ Maxx, Marshalls for Black Friday  (Read 645 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
$399 iPad coming to TJ Maxx, Marshalls for Black Friday
« on: November 19, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »

I’ve started putting together a list of Black Friday deals which I’ll probably publish soon, based on leas, rumors, and actual confirmed bargains from retail stores in the US. But the folks at Engadget uncovered what may be one of the most surprising Black Friday deals yet… Clothing stores TJ Maxx and Marshalls will be offering 16GB WiFi iPads at select locations for $399.TJ Maxx confirmed the rumor on Twitter.

That’s $100 off the normal price, making it the best price I’ve ever seen for the Apple iPad. Even refurbished models usually sell for more than that.

Unfortunately, it looks like the stores will only have a limited quantity to go around, and the company that owns both stores hasn’t announced which locations will have the tablet. So trying to track one down could be a bit of a day-after-thanksgiving scavenger hunt — which is probably just what the stores want. Anything to get you in the door, right?

Actually, I’m surprised more retail stores don’t try tactics like these, offering limited quantities of hot products that have nothing to do with the wares normally carried in-store.