Author Topic: Task Scheduler  (Read 1275 times)

Offline chuts

Task Scheduler
« on: October 07, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »
Anyone know if Task Scheduler has been given another name in Win 10?  I use it in previous windows versions to run a Registry backup automatically but cannot find it in Win 10.

Offline riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
Task Scheduler - System Scheduler
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 08:41:24 AM »
Hi chuts,

Windows 10 is currently in Tech Preview state so it may be incomplete.
Perhaps this is an alternative:

Current Version:4.32 Last Updated:October 3rd 2014
System Scheduler FREE Version (there is a professional version for $30 (US) as well)

System Scheduler is an excellent tool to schedule unattended running of applications, batch files, scripts and much more.

For anyone used to using MS Windows own Task Scheduler, System Scheduler is an ideal and easy to use replacement, with great flexibility and features. System Scheduler runs totally independently of the MS Windows Task Scheduler and has no dependencies on it.

Also, you can schedule popup reminders so you'll never forget those important appointments and things to do. Reminders, tasks and other events can be set to run once or every minute, hour, day, week, month or year and several variations on these. Popup Reminders can be snoozed as required.

System Scheduler not only allows you to launch programs at scheduled times but also to send keypresses and mouseclicks to those programs. This allows you to not only schedule programs to run overnight or at the weekend but also get those programs to do useful things while unattended. A really powerful feature.

Finally, the Free vesion of System Scheduler also includes a Window Watcher feature. The program will check for the existence of a particular window and send keypresses or send the window a close signal to terminate running applications. Useful for triggering actions or handling error messages while you are away.

Download - System Scheduler
System Scheduler FREE Version ·EXE FILE (1.9M)· ·ZIP FILE (1.8M)·

Tech Support
support@windows10newsinfo.com

Offline chuts

Task Scheduler
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 01:55:10 AM »
Thanks, but the free version is too complicated for me ... not enough prompts to set up the application easily.  I'll have to be content with running the app manually.

Offline chuts

Task Scheduler
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 04:17:30 PM »
Ok, solved .... Task Scheduler is included in WTP, it just wasn't coming up the way I'm accustomed to finding it in win 7 or 8. 

Offline chuts

Task Scheduler
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 02:46:19 AM »
In Win 7 or 8 I used to type Task Scheduler in the Search box and it would appear in a window where I could click on it to run it.  In WinTechPrev I have to type, in the Run box, taskschd.msc and that would launch it.