Author Topic: YouTube is forcing users to disable ad blockers or try Premium  (Read 129 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
YouTube is forcing users to disable ad blockers or try Premium
« on: October 12, 2023, 04:15:42 PM »

YouTube has begun forcing users to disable ad blockers or try Premium, its paid subscription service. The move has been met with backlash from many users, who argue that it is unfair to force them to watch ads or pay for a service they do not want.

Online communities, like on Reddit, have been voicing this concern for quite some time and the platform has also circumvented Ublock origin.

It seems to have started sometime this month: one says, “My channel blocker set it off of all things. This is getting ridiculous.”

Another one says, “I’m thinking honestly about just dropping YouTube from my daily entertainment.”

The video-sharing platform has been aggressively using a variety of methods to detect and circumvent ad blockers. In some cases, the company is even disabling video playback for users who are detected using an ad blocker.

The only solution? Well, YouTube recommends paying $11.99/month for Premium to get ad-free viewing, and offline and background playback. But, is it worth it?

It’ll be a huge bet if YouTube wins this “war” against ad blockers because there’s always a loophole to find. Even uBlock’s latest version (v. 1.52.0+) seems to be including a “fix” to work around this issue.

source