Author Topic: Early Windows 8 M1 installer screenshots surface  (Read 2243 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Early Windows 8 M1 installer screenshots surface
« on: January 28, 2011, 02:28:41 AM »

Russian leaker Zukona has leaked screenshots of the Windows installer found in early Milestone 1 builds of Windows 8, revealing a few visual changes. While the installer build string has not been mentioned, GeekSmack has learned that these two images are screenshots from the installer of an early Milestone 1 build, in which the kernel number was still at 6.1. That being said, there is still much room for changes to the installer process during Windows 8′s development, so we can possibly expect further evolution of the Windows installer in future builds.

According to the sources familiar with the installer, not much has changed functionality-wise from Windows 7′s installer; the main changes in these early builds are the visual changes as seen in the screenshots.

Microsoft is still working on Milestone 2-branch builds and are expected to finalize an M2 build candidate come the end of February.

Latest winmain build: 6.2.7917.0.winmain_win8m2.110125-1757

Updated!

-My poor draw
-The build list
-Latest build know

Offline ChristianW7

Re: Early Windows 8 M1 installer screenshots surface
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »
I would love to test Windows 8 out! :D When will the first build be available to grab? or leak

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 05:07:31 AM »
there is a possibility of late summer early fall

Offline ChristianW7

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 09:19:53 PM »
well screens have already surfaced..so how long was it after the first installers and screens of Win7 surfaced did the first leak come out

Offline Jake

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 03:50:39 AM »
Several months, as it's much harder to copy a prerelease build than it is to take a picture of it ;)
There's no place like 127.0.0.1