Author Topic: Can't Install 32 bit Program  (Read 1723 times)

Offline fdhealy4

Can't Install 32 bit Program
« on: September 25, 2011, 01:54:53 AM »
Hello all. Another issue upgrading from win7 32bit to 64bit. I have an old program that my wife needs for work. It ran fine in Win7 32bit but won't install in my Win7 64bit. I would rather not set up a dual boot. Compatibility mode is not the issue. It just won't install in 64bit. Any other options beside buying Parallels Virtual Software. I thought I read that Win7 had a internal virtual program but I can't find it to install.

Thanks Again

Dale
Dale

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 02:57:25 AM »
Windows 7 64 bit does run programs that will run on windows 7 32bit, BUT not ALL 32bit programs will run on Windows 7!!! There are many programs that will run on Windows XP and before that will not run on Windows 7.

I am sure you have checked but is there a 64 bit version of this program?

Offline fdhealy4

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 05:47:36 PM »
Lavajolt

Thanks for the reply. I installed the new program that runs on 64bit but my wife is frustrated with it. The old program is very old but simple to use. Wife is Tech challenged. She doesn't even have, or want, a cell phone. I'll just install a virtual desktop program and run it that way I guess.

Thanks Again for your quick response.

Dale
Dale

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 01:51:12 AM »
Sorry there was not a better response.  I am almost envious of your wife, no cell phone.  At times I get tired of being connected 24/7/365 but thats the life I have made for myself.  When I started my business I built it by going out at night when computer shops were closed and people needed their system up and running right then no time to leave the system at the shop for a week or so then only to have Windows reinstalled and lose everything.

Perhaps if she uses and works with the 64 bit program she will kind of get use to it.

javajolt