Author Topic: New Windows Activation Technologies Windows 7 - Tiny 7  (Read 3513 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
New Windows Activation Technologies Windows 7 - Tiny 7
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:48:54 AM »
Disclaimer: This article is for informational and educational purpose only.

If you were a forum member in Septrmber 2009, you are very aware of and probably downloaded a leak called Windows 7 - Tiny 7.  It was/is a stripped down version of Windows 7 Ultimate is 699MB in size and 1.64GB installed.  It is also has an unattended installation and is preactivated once the computer restarts.

Below are some pictures I took (had to use a camaera) no print screen in this stripped version.  If you installed this version then this background will bring bacK memories.

Here you see Tiny 7 is fully activated

If you saw my previous post you will recall the other pictures, and in order to save space, bandwidth, and time I will skip to the chase, where the tables have turned on the New and Highly Improved Windows Activation Technologies (WAT).  I do wish there had been print screen just for the graet screen captures but these will have to do and you will be able to see what happens.

I backed out to a desktop, went back to the Windows Validtae site once more ran the validation tool again and got the same results

At this point I revisited Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System better known as Windows Activation Page and low and behold I saw this,

Looks like Windows 7 - Tiny 7 screwed up the installation of the WAT and returned the Error message twice.  I am very aware MS has some brilliant minds working there, but neither am I navie enough to know there are just as many brilliant minds already working on getting around this new mouse trap.  I promise this mouse trap will be sprung and if I had to guess I would say rather soon.

Here is slmgr /xpr  Thanks to DMHolt57 for this reminder

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 02:44:25 AM by javajolt »

Online riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
Windows Activation Technologies Windows 7 Tiny 7
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 06:01:30 AM »
It seems there's still some light in the dark!

Ms lost this one I guess: Tiny 7 is still up and running smoothly

When there are more Members or Guests (pls register first) facing some WAT prob's post them here!

Some extra info:
Sometimes, you come across news items that make you go "eh...?" This is definitely one of them: Microsoft has announced a new anti-piracy update for Windows 7 that phones home every 90 days to check for new activation cracks, but the update is entirely optional - which kind of makes me wonder about the point.
For Windows 7, Windows Genuine Advantage was renamed to Windows Activation Technologies, and it is this set of technologies that will be updated coming February 16. The update will "detect more than 70 known and potentially dangerous activation exploits", and "will determine whether Windows 7 installed on a PC is genuine and will better protect customers' PCs by making sure that the integrity of key licensing components remains intact".

Since the number and type of activation cracks out there change all the time, the update will phone home every 90 days to gain information on newly discovered activation exploits (Microsoft promises the information sent does not contain any personally identifiable information). Users with genuine copies of Windows 7 will see nothing - the update runs in the background. Users of a non-genuine copy of Windows 7, however, will get a dialog presenting them with options to fix the issue.

Contrary to earlier versions of Windows, however, there will be no reduced functionality mode. The desktop will switch to a plain desktop, and a reminder will be displayed every now and then. Users' files, applications, shortcuts, whatever, will remain intact and usable.

It will be made available to all Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise edition users starting February 16 from Microsoft.com/Genuine, and from the download centre the day after. Later this month, it will appear on windows Update, tagged as "Important" - but still optional.

This is supposed to be an anti-piracy thing, but the effectiveness of it all is, well, laughable, at best. The update is entirely optional, and if, perchance, you were to accidentally install it anyway, you can uninstall the update and be on your merry way. In other words: you're free to not install it, which makes the update completely pointless and a waste of time and do not forget: Tiny 7 is still non affected by this new Microsoft move called: ''Windows Activation Technologies'' I think pirates will work around the issue!
@riso

Online riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
Tiny 7 defeated! New Windows Activation Technologies Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 09:56:49 AM »
New, voluntary Windows 7 antipiracy update involved or not??...
Tiny 7 today just stopped being activated so Microsoft succeeded to kill this one as well!
It showed a Black screen and the message: Windows 7 might be NOT GENUINE and prompted user to activate today, to insert a genuine key.
The strangest part was the Kill Update “Update for Microsoft Windows (KB971033)”  wasn't downloaded and installed and the new WAT didn't showed up!
So Tiny 7 probably isn't killed by new WAT... when we know some more on how Ms succeeded to kill Tiny 7 we'll report it here!
Disclaimer: This article is for informational and educational purpose only.
What to do next?? 7600 had to be reactivated or reinstalled... so *Uloader8* had to help a bit...

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:40:12 AM by riso »