Author Topic: Read only  (Read 2577 times)

Offline blockie

Read only
« on: April 14, 2010, 05:12:32 PM »
Did a clean install if W7 Ultimate and copied Wordperfect file that I had prev. saved. They are niw ALL read  only. Removed the attribute and they are still RO. Now what?

Offline DMHolt57

Re: Read only
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 05:31:53 PM »
Try this and see if you can take ownership of the files...

http://www.windows7newsinfo.com/smf/index.php/topic,7367.0.html

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 08:36:05 PM »

Offline blockie

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 06:51:51 AM »
I used the right click program to take ownership. Still cannot do anything with the file except read. If I save it with another name then it is again viable, However the original file I cannot delete, edit, move, etc. I'm just stuck with it.

Offline DMHolt57

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 04:58:19 PM »
Check the permissions, sounds like there is a permission for Everyone that is set to deny, remove it if that is the case, then you can delete it.

Offline Snuffy

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 12:18:43 AM »
I used the right click program to take ownership. Still cannot do anything with the file except read. If I save it with another name then it is again viable, However the original file I cannot delete, edit, move, etc. I'm just stuck with it.

start -> type  cmd --> right click and open as Admin --> then move to the location of your file --> change attrib there...  then delete....
when you have that problem.... easy way is to ADMIN from highest possible position... CMD (as Admin) you can do anything there. and easy to do if you know any DOS.
if not simply ask when there  with(sample) : rename  /?  or delete /? or move /?
The only STUPID Question is the one you never asked.