Author Topic: Impending postal strike means early Windows 7 for some Brits  (Read 1557 times)

Online riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
Impending postal strike means early Windows 7 for some Brits
« on: October 21, 2009, 10:25:25 AM »
While some people still think Windows 7 could be a big ol' flop (hello, Randall C. Kennedy), Microsoft is doing everything it can to make sure launch day is a smashing great success. In the UK, that has meant moving ahead shipments of preorders so customers receive their copies before a possible postal service interruption occurs. As it turns out, Royal Mail workers have pegged October 22nd as the start date for a 48-hour strike. Microsoft told The Register "[We are] aware of the planned postal strike and has taken action to minimise impact on those customers who pre-ordered their copies of Windows 7. As a result, some customers may receive their copy of Windows 7 a day or two early."
A nice side effect? Enthusiasm.
Nothing gets people worked up about a preorder item like receiving it a few days early. Even if that wasn't an intended result, getting the OS to a few customers in advance of launch day is sure to add to the Windows 7 buzz.

Offline rculver9056

Re: Impending postal strike means early Windows 7 for some Brits
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 04:07:24 AM »
I got mine on the 22nd, but it was bought via Amazon.co.uk and so was delivered by DHL.
Still pretty chuffed, though - Thought I'd have to wait a few more days.