Author Topic: Turn Windows 8 into a OS X look-alike with new UI mod  (Read 559 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Turn Windows 8 into a OS X look-alike with new UI mod
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:36:59 PM »

Make your Windows 8 UI look like OS X

Are you considering Windows 8, but haven’t yet made the switch? What is holding you back? With such a low upgrade price, it probably isn’t cost for most of us.

Instead, the root of the issue is that users either aren’t interested in the Start screen or don’t see enough value to make the switch when their current version of Windows seems to the job just fine. The biggest value for an upgrade to Windows 8 is speed and overall performance.

There is no denying that Windows 8 is faster than Windows 7.

Still, what if you absolutely refuse to make the switch to the new Start UI? While I personally recommend spending some time and learning the changes that come with the new UI, there are alternatives if you absolutely refuse to adapt to the start UI.

Some of these alternatives are free, others are paid, like Start8. If you want something totally radical though, I found something pretty funny and unique on the Internet while doing a search earlier today. Its a transformation pack for Windows 8 that turns it into a Mac OS X Mountain Lion look-alike.

If you are leaning towards a Mac or just want to do it for humor’s sake, this is certainly a majorly different approach then using a start menu replacement or just getting used to the new UI. It is also a free program, though these kinds of shells tend to bog the system down at least a little when it comes to speed.

Again, the main reason to do this is probably just for fun. Maybe you want to tease someone who already has a Mac, or just want to see what it feels like to use the UI in OS X. Still, this could be a true solution for some of those that are coming from a Mac over to Windows and want the apps and features of Windows 8 but don’t want to get used to a new UI.

In the long run, I highly recommend giving Metro (or whatever you want to call it) a try. You’ll likely learn to love it. The point is that Windows 8 IS NOT just about the new UI. It continues the tradition of flexibility that I love about Windows. While Apple tends to stick to a one-size-fits-all approach, Windows remains more open to change and tweaks from the user, while not having the confusing learning curve that comes with Linux.

What do you think of this interesting OS X UI mod for Windows 8? Total Blasphemy to even use it, or a funny idea that is at least worth playing around with?

Transform Windows 8 to Mac OS X Mountain Lion

Download ▼ below or from freewareupdate:

8X64: Download

8X86: Download

Win 7: Download

WinXP: Download

Note: Skin Packs installer have easy and safe install option , Please unistall old or other version of skin packs before install new version. Before install close all runnig program , after finish restart your system.

Support: Windows 8  - [X86_X64] - [All Language] - [All Version]

source: skin pack