Author Topic: Windows 7 Transformation Pack for Windows XP  (Read 1867 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 7 Transformation Pack for Windows XP
« on: February 28, 2009, 06:53:29 PM »
Maybe you are so sold on XP that nothing is going to drag you away from it, but you would like an updated fresher look. You can have a Windows 7 look, but with the OS you have grown to love and cannot part with.

Before installing any of these learn this simple word "BACKUP" and you should be good to go.

javajolt

Offline thenanoguy

• the nano dude
Re: Windows 7 Transformation Pack for Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 07:59:44 AM »
javajolt you have to admit that if you use that transformation pack you can mess up your xp
it is causing a lot of problems and i know that because a lot of my friends tested it
i personally recommend not using that transformation pack,and instead of that you guys should go win7 if you wait a little for the rc ;)
why so serious?

Offline anykey

• in the leafy suburbs of sarf west London
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 02:41:32 PM »
Mutton dressed as Lamb.  :D ;) :D

: : There is a debate as to the exact reference of the above phrase. Effectively, there are two camps. The first believes that it is a reference to age - i.e. that it is something much older dressed up as something much younger. The second believes that it relates to quality - i.e. that it is something much poorer dressed up as something much better.

: : I imagine that whichever of these is correct must hark back to the origin of the phrase. Mutton is from an older sheep than a lamb. However, it is also a (some say) poorer quality of meat than lamb.
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 05:42:13 PM »
Although I don't use transformations packs, I saw that and thought there are folks out there that will not move on from XP. I have XP on 1 machine and I watch TV on it.  I now have W7 build 7048 solely on my primary desktop and laptop.  I am sure most know W7 has been designed to be skinable in the very near future.

I still contend I would have paid for W7 the second time I started it.

javajolt

Offline riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 08:14:16 AM »
I did a transformation Xp to W7 some months ago with a 10Y old pc PIII Tualatin Cpu 1400Mhz, 756Ram and it still works fine every day, I've running also a server on it and the looks are great!
:
http://shared014.nextfactory.nl/windows7/smf/index.php?topic=4.msg6#msg6