Author Topic: windows 7 rtm  (Read 719 times)

Offline kellydangerous1

windows 7 rtm
« on: August 12, 2009, 10:07:44 PM »
ive built a new pc its a e8600 dual core with 4gb ram 1gb graphics card lg blu-ray writer 2 500gb hard drives i was wondering which operating system is best installed on this i just browse and play games and download a lot my options are windows 7 rtm or windows vista 64bit or windows xp 32bit i would just like to know peoples views

Offline ukgovsucks

Re: windows 7 rtm
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:45:05 PM »
My views...

XP pretty solid now after many years of patches etc. Easiest for hackers to get into though, and is still only a 32bit OS. Although you can get the 64bit version but there are always many reports of incompatible programs etc. Having said that, I ran this and found it to be okay.

Vista. Worst choice. I put up with this OS from day 1. Bought 2 copies, one for the Mrs for her business and one for me. Even with both Service Packs and patches etc, it still gave us problems. To say it's a resource hungry OS is an UNDERSTATEMENT. It was truly awful. Our hard drives would whir away for long periods of time without us actually doing a lot on it at the time! Both our systems were upgraded to use this useless OS. In some ways Microsoft made some improvements but the costs were far too high. My advice.. AVOID!

Windows 7. This goes without saying. THE best Windows possibly Microsoft have ever done. I think purely by the way that their pre-release sale price only lasted a day instead of from July to August says it all! Thousands of us have been checking out the builds from the beginning and seen how this fantastic OS has progressed. VERY fast and NOT resource hungry. Very secure. Compatibility issues that were in Vista have been greatly improved. Runs like a dream. Especially 64bit.

Windows 7 all the way!

Offline jessecj

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 02:43:16 AM »
I have to agree!

I have been using Windows XP 32bit on my 64bit computer for years, I loaded Vista on for about 3 days, and was horrified, it ran like a piece of S**T. Took forever to load up, seemed to be running all sorts in the background when I was doing much on the computer, and I found it to crash quite a bit.

Now I am running Windows 7 64bit, and it is running like a dream, Fast, Reliable, Looks great, Easy to use, and so far have not had any compatibility problems with any of my 32bit software I used in Windows XP, and I love the way I haven't had to load any 3rd party drivers yet, it even found my printer and loaded its own working drivers.

MS seems to have finally got it right!

But that’s just my opinion....hehe

Jesse  :)

Offline Jake

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 02:49:08 AM »
Keep the computer completely unformated until Oct. 22, then buy whichever flavor of Windows 7 suits you best.  It'll be well worth the wait, trust me.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1