Author Topic: IE8 versus Safari 4 -- Apple has the public beta announced.  (Read 2113 times)

Online riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
IE8 versus Safari 4 -- Apple has the public beta announced.
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:46:10 AM »
The company speaks of "the world's fastest and most innovative web browser for Mac and Windows PCs.

According to Apple Safari 4 running JavaScript 4.2 times faster than Safari 3, three times as fast as Firefox 3 and even to thirty times faster than Internet Explorer 7. This is due to the new Javascript engine Nitro.

It also claims that Apple Safari HTML pages load three times as fast as IE7, and almost three times as fast as Firefox 3.

New Features
The new features include Cover Flow interface, this allows users to easily surf history scrolling, as if they browse album art in iTunes.
Apple also added 'Top Sites' sites this feature keeps track of which pages you  most often visit and is a 'wall' of previews.
A white star is the sign that one of these sites have published new content since your last visit.
New is also the Smart Address Field a implementation of the awesome bar in Firefox 3.  The function to automatically fill in Web addresses, with a list of suggestions of Top Sites, bookmarks, Safari 4 also moved tabs at the top of the window. 
Safari for Windows has identifiable 'Windows-by date "given as the default font rendering of Windows and the typical title bars, borders and toolbars.

riso

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 09:48:32 AM by riso »

Offline Jake

Re: IE8 versus Safari 4 -- Apple has the public beta announced.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 01:25:35 PM »
Once again Apple has had a good idea, but then stuck their typical flashy stuff in it.

Coverflow in a web browser?  Sounds slightly useless to me...

Also the tabs look a lot like Google Chrome, except they're very badly designed.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Offline thenanoguy

• the nano dude
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 09:54:27 PM »
looks great,i'll try the beta and tell you my experience ;D
why so serious?

Offline sceadwe

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:55:20 PM »
I am liking the Safari beta a lot, but seems kinda like a copy of chrome. very similar design and interface and the only reason I am not running chrome is because it won't work on the 64 bit 7 beta. But hopefully I can find a work around somewhere or maybe the bug is fixed in 7048. 

But Safari 4 does seem a little slower in user response time but could just be my computer, I guess we will find out when my ram upgrade arrives and I can upgrade my pc to 4GB.

I am interested in hearing what others have to say about Safari 4, let us know!

sceadwe
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+ Overclocked @ 3.05 Ghz
4.00 GB DDR2 800 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (256Mb)
Windows 7 Ultimate RC Build 7100 x64

Offline phat vapor

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 01:28:47 AM »
i,ve just downloaded safari 4  beta it seem very fast faster than ie or firefox