Author Topic: Ever wonder what you’d actually use a transparent, flexible display for - Video  (Read 1015 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com

Samsung has been showing off concepts for futuristic displays for the past few years. Some of the company’s designs include flexible displays that you could roll up and put in a pocket or slap around your wrist and wear as a watch. Others involve semi-transparent displays, allowing you to look right through the screen at times, while viewing text and images clearly when you need them.

My biggest concern with a transparent display is that I’d put it down somewhere, forget where it was, and never be able to find it again.

But if you’ve been wondering what a future with transparent, flexible displays might look like, Samsung has put together a concept video that paints an interesting picture… and helps explain why the company is spending money developing products that aren’t yet available for purchase.

In the video we see a phone-like device with a display that can be expanded and used to display restaurant menu items, act as a universal translator, snap photos, or make video calls.

There’s no visible circuitry anywhere in the device, nor any sort of bezel where it could be hiding, so it’s pretty clear that we’re looking at science fiction. But given the technology that’s already available, the future shown in this 30 second video might not be that far-fetched.

via OLED-info
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 04:30:57 AM by javajolt »