Author Topic: Intel Core i9-12900K in PugetBenchmark: as fast as Core i9-11900K  (Read 253 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Early test results of the Intel Alder Lake processor have been spotted on the PugetBenchmark website.

Intel Core i9-12900K, the flagship processor of the upcoming 12th Gen Core series codenamed “Alder Lake-S” has just made its first appearance with the full SKU name on the PugetBenchmark website. The result does not only mention the SKU name properly (probably the first leaked benchmark result to do so) but also mentions the next-gen Z690 motherboard from ASUS. The CPU was tested using a ROG STRIX Z690-E Gaming WiFi motherboard featuring 64GB of DDR5-4800 Memory.

Intel Core i9-12900K in PugetBench Adobe After Effects test, Source: PugetSystems

The processor scored 1541, 1573, and 1575 overall points in the PugetBench benchmark for Adobe After Effects, which is a GPU benchmark. Thus, it is not exactly a result that should be used to compare CPUs, yet those are the only results that were discovered yet.

Intel Core i9-12900K in PugetBench Adobe After Effects test, Source: PugetSystems

For reference, we can use either PugetBench’s built-in search tool, which produces results with very high variance, or rather use PugetBennch’s own benchmark result. The website regularly shares its in-house reviews of the latest hardware, including the Core i9-11900K Rocket Lake CPU that launched in March. In comparison to those tests we can see that i9-12900K would be outperforming all CPUs, however, those tests were using a lower-end GPU (RTX 3080), which is why we can’t use those results.

A quick glance at the most recent PugetBench results shows Core i9-11900K with RTX 3090 producing nearly identical performance. It is possible that the same engineer was evaluating the performance of two systems at the same time since this result also features ASUS motherboard:

Intel Core i9-11900K in PugetBench Adobe After Effects test, Source: PugetSystems

Intel Core i9-12900K is a 16-core CPU featuring 8 Performance cores and 8 Efficient Cores. The CPU is expected to feature a boost clock up to 5.3 GHz with up to 2 cores and at 125W TDP (PL1). This is the flagship K-series processor that is now expected to launch in November. Intel Alder Lake-S series is to support DDR5 memory and PCIe Gen5 interface, currently not supported by any GPU. It will require a new socket type called LGA1700 that is being used by Z690 motherboards, such as the one in this leak.

source: PugetBench #1, #2, #3, Benchleaks

source