Author Topic: DreamScene in all versions of Windows 7  (Read 1320 times)

Offline riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
DreamScene in all versions of Windows 7
« on: May 03, 2010, 07:10:42 PM »
Free download enables DreamScene in all versions of Windows 7. Remember DreamScene? You might not, since it was a Vista Ultimate Extra and not a whole heck of a lot of people ponied up for the Grand Poobah edition of that particular Windows.

DreamScene enabled you to set a video file as your wallpaper -- which is cool, though I found it terribly distracting. A bit too much like trying to work atop a YTMND (an acronym for ''You're The Man Now, Dog!''), page for my liking, though maybe I was choosing the wrong kind of videos. DreamScene had plenty of fans, however, and they were disappointed when Microsoft axed the feature in Windows 7.

Fortunately, the ever-helpful Kishan Bagaria has provided yet another tool to help you out. Download DreamScene Activator
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-7-dreamscene-activator-released

and run the correct .exe for your version of Windows 7 (either 32 or 64-bit) and you'll be able to enjoy videos-as-wallpaper once more! Activator will also add the play/pause control to the Windows desktop right-click context menu.

Just remember to right-click and run the activator as administrator, or it probably won't work.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 07:38:14 PM by javajolt »