Author Topic: 2 Machines Now Upgraded  (Read 2004 times)

Offline lloydkuhnle

• Lloyd's Page
2 Machines Now Upgraded
« on: January 02, 2010, 09:52:57 PM »
Hello,

I'm new here. I always like to see a new place to look for answers, and / or, answer questions. Nice to be a part of this.

At this point I have upgraded 2 of my 3 computers from VISTA HOME PREMIUM, to WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM. There were a few glitches after the upgrade, but that is to be expected. After a few days of work, I was able to get all going as well as it was in VISTA. I'm happy about that.

The only disappointment: Why did MICROSOFT remove "Out of the box" Bluetooth support in WINDOWS 7? It took me a couple days to figure out that I needed the Toshiba Bluetooth drivers to get audio streaming going again.

I use Bluetooth to stream Pandora internet radio throughout the house. I know that MICROSOFT would rather have me do it another way, but I've been set up for Bluetooth for years now, and I don't want to change.

Happy to be here.

Offline DMHolt57

Re: 2 Machines Now Upgraded
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 10:53:13 PM »
Glad you are getting it all worked out and welcome to the forum.   :)

Offline Samtastic

• I do Windows, Mac, iOS and Video Games
    • Wordpress Sam's Site
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 11:13:10 AM »
I have a belkin USB bluetooth dongle. Windows 7 has biult in drivers for bluetooth USB dongles. Did you check on the Toshiba website for your Windows 7 drivers? Most of them are installed if Windows 7 has them.
Sam
Windows News & Info Super Moderrator
Video game Reporter
Youtube.co.uk/Samlaptop950 (Electronic Games High Scores and Gameplay,)
Oddworld and other video games walkthroughs, Speedruns and Tool Assisted Runs)
Twitch.tv/Samtastic95 (Speedruns and playthroughs)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 04:18:19 AM »

I know that MICROSOFT would rather have me do it another way, but I've been set up for Bluetooth for years now, and I don't want to change.

Miscrsoft's way would stream it through the Homegroup Network! which by the way works well.