Author Topic: Fix: Sleep Mode not working in Windows 8.1  (Read 559 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Fix: Sleep Mode not working in Windows 8.1
« on: March 26, 2014, 06:48:44 PM »
It happens with many of us that we have to put our Windows system into sleep mode sometimes so that when we instantly need the system, we can use it up without losing the time required for booting it. But sometimes, Windows will not Sleep.  If Windows 8.1 refuses to sleep or won’t go in sleep mode, then this post will show you how to fix the Sleep Mode not working problem

Recently, we have seen how to enable or disable password requirement at wake up. After upgrading my one of system running Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, I have found that the sleep functionality is no longer working on that system. It seems like the policy of sleep working for Windows 8 is not adopted by the upgraded Windows 8.1, and it caused the trouble.

Although I prefer a fresh install, sometimes we need to go in for an upgrade – and this can cause issues sometimes. Well, in order to fix this issue, we need to make correction to power configuration of this system settings.

Here are the ways to fix this problem:

Windows 8.1 Sleep Mode Not Working

1. Press Windows Key + W and type troubleshooting in the search box. Click on the Troubleshooting from the search results so obtained.

2. In the following window, from the left hand side listed options, click on View all.

3. Moving on, pick Power from the list so available, this would launch the Power
Troubleshooter.

4. In the Power Troubleshooter, you have to click Next option:

This will start the automatic detection and fixing of issues.

5. When the troubleshooting has been completed, you can click Close.

Now you can reboot the machine, after restart, you’ll find that the issue is already fixed.

courtesy the windows club