Author Topic: ZAGGmate: Yet another keyboard case for the iPad  (Read 586 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
ZAGGmate: Yet another keyboard case for the iPad
« on: November 10, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »

Companies appear to be cranking out keyboard cases for the Apple iPad like there’s no tomorrow. While adding a keyboard doesn’t necessarily turn Apple’s tablet into a netbook (if you define a netbook as a computer that runs a desktop operating system), a physical keyboard sure makes typing on the iPad a lot easier.

Hot on the heels of keyboard cases from Crux360, Ardonit, and Kensington, case maker ZAGG has announced a new iPad case called the ZAGGmate.

The basic ZAGGmate will run $69.99 and it’s basically a sturdy aluminum case for the iPad. For $99.99 you get a version with an integrated Bluetooth keyboard. in addition to a QWERTY keyboard, the case has dedicated keys for controlling media playback, launching the home screen, and triggering other iPad actions.

The case has a hinge that lets you prop up the iPad at 10 different angles.

The ZAGGmate isn’t available for purchase yet, but the company says it’s “coming soon,” and has a page where you can sign up for alerts.

I’ll probably stop covering these keyboard cases soon since there seems to be a new one coming out almost every day. But the ZAGGmate is probably one of the most interesting looking ones I’ve seen to date.