Author Topic: PS5: The Ultimate FAQ 4/5  (Read 54 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
PS5: The Ultimate FAQ 4/5
« on: November 10, 2020, 04:05:18 PM »

PS5 Blu-Ray Discs

What video disc formats does the PS5 console support?

The PS5 console version with a Blu-ray disc drive supports video playback from 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs, standard Blu-rays, and DVDs. Please note that the PS5 Digital Edition console does not support any optical discs.

Do PS5 game discs hold more data than PS4 discs?

Yes. PS5 Blu-ray discs can store up to 100GB of game data, compared to the 50GB storage offered by PS4 Blu-ray discs.

Will the PS5 console play PS4 Blu-ray discs?

Yes, PS4 Blu-ray discs are compatible with the PS5 console, provided that the PS4 game is supported. Refer to this guide for more information on playing PS4 games on the PS5 console. Please note that the PS5 Digital Edition console does not support any optical discs.

Does PS5 support 3D Blu-ray movies?

No, the 3D stereoscopic output is not supported on PS5.

PS VR, Media Controller and Other PS5 Accessories

PS VR, PS Camera, PS Move Controller, PS VR Aim Controller

Can I play PS VR games on PS5?

Yes, PlayStation VR games are included among the thousands of PS4 games that are playable on PS5. Playing PS VR games on a PS5 requires a PS VR headset, PlayStation Camera for PS4*, and a PlayStation Camera adaptor (no purchase required, visit playstation.com/camera-adaptor for details).

For the best PS VR experience on PS5, we recommend using a DualShock 4 wireless controller. Select games may require PlayStation Move motion controllers or be compatible with the PlayStation VR Aim controller. The new HD Camera for PS5 is not compatible with PS VR.

The PS VR headset, PS Camera, DualShock 4 wireless controller, PS Move controllers, and PS VR Aim controller are all sold separately from PS5.

*Model CUH-ZEY1 or CUH-ZEY2

Can I use PS4’s PS Camera with PS5?

Yes. PS Camera will be required for PS VR and PS Move gameplay for supported PS4 games on PS5. PS Camera will also support broadcasting on PS5.

Connecting PS Camera to PS5 will require the PlayStation Camera adaptor (no purchase required, visit playstation.com/camera-adaptor for details).

Can I use PlayStation Move motion controllers or the PS VR Aim Controller with PS5?

Yes, you can use PlayStation Move controllers or the PS VR Aim Controller in supported PS4 games on PS5, including PS VR software. You’ll need to connect the PS Camera to PS5 to enable PS Move or PS VR Aim Controller support, which requires the PlayStation Camera adaptor (no purchase required, visit playstation.com/camera-adaptor for details).

How do I get the PS Camera adaptor?

Visit playstation.com/camera-adaptor for details.

HD Camera

What is the HD Camera?

The HD Camera for PS5 features two sensitive, wide-angle lens 1920×1080 cameras that can measure the depth of space – useful for seamlessly cropping the background off of a broadcaster. The PS5 Camera connects via a USB Type-A connector on the back of the console.

Learn more about the HD Camera here.

What are the physical dimensions and weight of the HD Camera?

The dimensions are approximately 100mm x 41mm x 75mm (width x height x depth), and it weighs approximately 92g. The cable length is approximately 2 meters.

Can I use PS5’s new HD Camera with my PS VR headset?

No, the new HD Camera will not support PlayStation VR. You’ll need to use the PlayStation Camera and the PlayStation Camera adaptor to connect it to your PS5.

Is there a microphone built into the camera?

No. You’ll be able to use a headset or the DualSense wireless controller’s integrated mic.

Media Remote

The Media Remote is a convenient option for watching movies and shows on PS5. It includes dedicated buttons for popular streaming apps, playback controls, and a navigational control pad.

Learn more about the Media Remote here.

What are the physical dimensions and weight of the Media Remote?

The dimensions are approximate 45mm x 145mm x 26mm, excluding the largest projection, and weighs in at approximately 55g.

Can I use the Media Remote to play games?

No, the Media Remote is designed only to provide a simple, easy way to watch video content on PS5.

Does it run on replaceable or rechargeable batteries?

The Media Controller runs on two AA batteries, which are included.

Does the Media Remote support voice input?

The mic on the Media Remote can be used for voice dictation by pressing the mic icon on the On-Screen Keyboard when it appears, or in select media applications that support voice input modes. The physical mic button on the Media Remote is reserved for future functionality.

PS5 Headset and PS4 Headsets

What is the PULSE 3D Wireless Headset, and how is it different from previous PlayStation headsets?

The PULSE 3D wireless headset is the official headset for PS5 and features a refined design with dual noise-canceling microphones, USB Type-C charging, and easy-to-access controls including a built-in mic mute, master volume, and in-game audio to chat mix controls. A dedicated mic monitoring button lets you check how you sound to your teammates.

You can connect the PULSE 3D wireless headset to your PS5 or PS4 console using the included wireless adaptor. You can use the 3.5mm headset jack to connect to other audio sources, such as the DualShock wireless controller, PlayStation VR, or a mobile device.

Learn more about the PULSE 3D wireless headset here.

What are the physical dimensions and weight of the PULSE 3D wireless headset?

The dimensions are approximately 213mm x 190mm x 91mm, and it weighs approximately 292g.

How long does the PULSE 3D wireless headset’s battery last on a single charge?

The PULSE 3D Wireless Headset is estimated to last for up to 12 hours of wireless play using its built-in rechargeable battery.

Can I use the official Gold or Platinum wireless headsets with PS5?

Yes, the official Gold Wireless Headset and Platinum Wireless Headset are natively supported on PS5, using either the included wireless USB adaptor or the 3.5mm headset jack on the DualSense wireless controller.

Can I use third-party headsets with PS5?

Officially licensed headsets from third-party manufacturers will be available after the launch of PS5. Some headsets licensed for the PS4 console may work or may require a device firmware update. Please consult with your headset’s manufacturer for compatibility questions.

Wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on PS5, though most USB and analog headsets will be supported.

Headsets that can connect to a 3.5mm jack, USB-A, or USB-C will work for 3D Audio.

Additional Peripheral Support

Can I connect a keyboard and mouse with PS5?

Yes, USB and Bluetooth keyboards and mice are supported at a system level, though game developers will decide whether to support at a game level.

Will I be able to use my PS4 fight stick with PS5?

Many licensed PS4 arcade fight sticks should be compatible with PS4 games that are playable on PS5. Please consult with your fight stick’s manufacturer for compatibility questions.

The PS5 UX and Apps

PS5 User Experience

What were the goals of the PS5 user experience (UX)?

The goal was to ensure that playtime is valuable and meaningful. PS5’s new user experience (UX) is completely centered on the player – to provide a truly next-generation experience with increased immediacy and deeper immersion, quickly connecting you to great games and a passionate gaming community.

What are some of the most notable differences in PS5’s user interface from PS4?

PS5’s new UX introduces a number of new features designed to make your gaming experiences more immediate, more immersive, and more personalized.

One of the highlights is the new Control Center, which works like an evolved version of the PS4 console’s Quick Menu. A single press of the PS button will bring up Control Center on PS5, providing immediate access to frequently used system features – all without leaving the game.

Activities are another new feature designed to bring you closer to key elements of gameplay. Activities are displayed via on-screen Cards in the Control Center and in the hubs of supported games, and enable you to discover new gameplay opportunities, return to things you missed, jump directly into levels or challenges you want to play, and much more.

Other types of Cards include Game Help, Screen Sharing, and more. Some cards can be put in picture-in-picture mode or pin-to-side mode, so you can view them without having to leave the game.

Will PS5 automatically download game patches and game updates for the games that I’ve played?

Yes. When the auto-download feature is activated and you’re connected to the internet, PS5 will automatically search for game updates for games that you frequently play. Game updates will also download while the console is in rest mode if the user selects a power profile that allows connection to the internet. When you play a game, PS5 will automatically search for game updates.

Will PS5’s UI support folders or themes at launch?

No, PS5 will not support folders or themes at launch.

Will the PS5 user experience offer official updates or news?

Yes, all PS5 owners globally will get official news from publishers for games they own or follow in each game’s hub, as well as recent stories in their language in a special Card in Control Center, and in the PlayStation App for mobile devices.

At launch, PS5 owners in the United States can also visit Explore on the home screen to see all of these stories together in one place, so you can see what’s going on with games you’re excited about or games you’ve set aside. In addition, Explore allows you to access live broadcasts, shared video, and images that are trending in the community from games you follow and get updates from PlayStation.

Will we need to download a system update on day one?

Yes, there will be a PS5 system software to the latest version on day one.

If I’m not online, can I install system updates via a USB drive?

Yes, as with the PS4 console, you will be able to download new system software updates to your PC from PlayStation.com and transfer them to PS5 using a USB drive formatted for FAT32.

What is Game Help, and how does it work?

Game Help is a system-level feature for PS Plus members only on PS5 that may offer helpful hints, tips, and tricks to help you move forward in select PS5 games. The feature is purely optional, but it’s designed to be quicker and easier than searching the web for some types of tips and should help you avoid game spoilers.

What accessibility options does PS5 offer?

PS5 players will be able to reduce or disable the force of haptic feedback and adaptive triggers on the DualSense wireless controller and remap buttons on the controller.

A voice dictation feature provides a simple and fast way for users to input text compared to a virtual keyboard: simply speak the words and they’ll appear on-screen. The feature will work with a headset, the DualSense wireless controller’s integrated microphone, or the Media Remote.

An integrated screen reader provides users with options to hear the on-screen text and have controls read out loud. Users can also customize their display settings to invert colors, make text larger or smaller, bold text, adjust contrast, invert color, color correction, auto-scroll speed, and reduce motion settings.

Additionally, a chat transcription feature provides the ability for voice chat audio to be transcribed into text, and also for typed text to be spoken to other players in voice chat.

Voice dictation, screen reader, and chat transcription on PS5 support the following languages: English (US), English (UK), Japanese, German, Italian, French, Canadian French, Spanish, Latin American Spanish.

PS Store and Digital Content

Is PlayStation Store improved on PS5?

PS Store on PS5 is now fully integrated into the system with lightning-fast browsing and a simplified, smarter layout that makes it easy to find the right game.

Can I buy PS4 and PS VR games at PS Store on PS5?

Yes, any PS4 and PS VR games that are playable on PS5 will be available for purchase on PS5 through PS Store.

How will the PlayStation App for mobile devices support PS5?

The updated PlayStation App for mobile devices has been reimagined to enhance your gaming experiences on both PS4 and PS5, including an updated user interface, Message integration, voice chat and Party groups, natively integrated PlayStation Store and remote downloads, PlayStation news, and new features for PS5.

You can get a full overview here.

How can I manage PS5 downloads remotely?

The new PlayStation App for iOS (12.2 or later) and Android (6.0 or later) mobile devices feature a native PlayStation Store experience that enables fast and smooth shopping and browsing, with the ability to remotely purchase and download games and add-ons directly to your PS4 and PS5.

When PS5 arrives, you’ll be able to remotely launch games, manage storage on your console, and quickly sign in to PS5 straight from the PS App.

Additionally, you can use PlayStation.com to manage downloads remotely.

Where will I find all of my PS5 and PS4 games?

Where will I find all of my PS5 and PS4 games?

From PS5’s home screen, the “Game Library” will show all the PS5 and PS4 games you’ve purchased or played. This includes games you were able to play as a PS Plus or PS Now subscriber. If those subscriptions have lapsed you will need to buy new subscriptions to be able to play those games again (note: PS Now service availability varies by country). 

Entertainment Apps

Where will I find all of my entertainment and media apps?

From PS5’s Media home screen, you can easily find and launch media apps you’ve recently used. Other apps you’ve downloaded but haven’t used lately can be found in the App Library.

When you want to try something new, use the All Apps hub to download a new app, or use the TV & Video hub to find recommended shows across your apps and new apps you haven’t yet downloaded.

Not sure what app has a movie or a show you’re interested in? Universal Search will let you know where you can find it and help you get there.

Which entertainment apps will be available for PS5 at launch?

Popular entertainment apps such as Netflix, Apple TV  , YouTube, Disney , and Spotify will be available on PS5 at launch, though availability will differ by region. Additional app info can be found here.

Will streaming apps differ across countries, depending on what services are available regionally?

Yes, Internet access and an account for PlayStation Network will be required, and streaming services may require a paid subscription and may not be available in all countries or regions.

How do I access media apps and services on PS5?

Media apps are easy to access on the PS5’s home screen, in a dedicated Media section.

Will PS5 entertainment apps offer support for 4K resolution and HDR?

Yes, if the app supports these features.

Can I listen to my own music while playing on PS5?

Yes. Spotify will be supported at launch, enabling music playback, including as in-game background music. Players can also listen to music from a USB drive, including MP3, FLAC, and AAC formats.

Party, Friends, and Network Features

How will social features like Friends List and Party be improved with PS5?

PS5 expands the concept of Parties into a dedicated hangout space for you and up to 99 of your friends. You can share game content, plan play sessions, or just catch up over voice chat or text chat with users across PS4, PS5, and the new PlayStation app for mobile devices.

On PS5, the newly upgraded Parties are fast, convenient, and richly interactive places. Want to play a few multiplayer games? Jump straight into a match with your Party participants – no further invites required.

Want to chat with a friend while showing off what you’re playing? Start a voice chat in your Party and you can activate the “Share Screen” feature, which uses low-latency technology so you can show you, friends, what you’re playing now in real-time while keeping an eye on their game progress, too.

Want to share your gaming experience? Using Share Play (PlayStation Plus membership required), you can also hand over control of your game to a trusted friend or use it to play a local co-op game together.

A new feature called Game Base acts as your social hub on PlayStation. Game Base collects all your Friends, Parties, chat conversations, and more in one convenient and persistent place across PS5, PS4, and the new PlayStation app for mobile devices, so you can stay connected with your friends on PlayStation wherever you are.

How many players can participate in the voice chat in a Party at any one time on PS5?

You can have up to 16 people participate in a voice chat across the PS4 and PS5, and the new PlayStation App for mobile devices.