Author Topic: More Evidence of Cortana Digital Assistant in Leaked Windows 9 Build  (Read 585 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com

As reported earlier, Cortana digital assistant app was spotted in the leaked Windows 9 Technical Preview Build 9834. In its current form, it’s a simple app that includes features like Remind Me. Remind Me feature allows you to set reminders based on different data and it works similar to Windows Phone version of Cortana. You can set reminders when you are in contact with certain people, or when you arrive at certain place, etc,.

Even though many of the features are not currently working in the leaked build, many references to upcoming features were spotted in the system files. Registry entries and system files related to Cortana Notebook feature was also spotted. Read about Cortana Notebook feature below,

Cortana has a handy place on Windows Phone to store and tweak things that you tell her about yourself. It’s called Cortana’s Notebook, and it’s where she keeps track of what you like and what you’d like done.

Interests are a way for Cortana to keep you up to date on things that are, well, interesting to you. She can also send you timely notifications so you don’t miss a beat on the things you care about most.

You can add or remove interests, turn updates and notifications on and off, and more from Cortana’s Notebook.

Cortana’s Notebook includes some interests that are turned on for you by default. You can turn them off or remove them at any time. (You can also add your own interests, like sport and finance.) The default interests in Cortana’s Notebook are:

Weather near me – Cortana can keep you up to date on the weather where you are now, or you can keep tabs on somewhere far away.

Headline news – Pick a topic – business, entertainment, health, politics, sport, technology, UK or world – and Cortana will get you the latest on that subject. If you don’t want to choose, no worries. Cortana will use default news interests.

Trip planner – If you’re expecting to travel soon, the Trip planner interest can help. Cortana will pay attention to any flight itineraries in your email. Then, five hours before your trip, she’ll give you a summary of what’s ahead, including your flight status, traffic conditions on the way to the airport and the weather in your destination city. Depending on your country or region, you can also get rail info.

Getting around – Cortana will let you know how traffic is looking on your normal routes, and give you a heads up if you need extra time to get where you’re going.

Daily glance – Cortana will put together a quick look at your day, with things like weather, traffic and the latest headlines

source:microsoft-news│via:winfuture