Author Topic: Samsung Omnia Pro: Free 6.5 Upgrade; AMOLED Screen, 5 MP Camera With Flash, More  (Read 883 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com

For those who cannot devour enough of the Samsung Louvre, otherwise known as the Omnia Pro, there are now additional information that we have learned about.

1. The device will be released with Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional with a free upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5 later. The good news: there is a definitive timeline for the update--around September or October.

2. The bad news: US customers are out of luck. The quad-band GSM/EDGE device only sports dual-band 3G, which means no support for AT&T's high speed mobile network, let alone T-Mobile USA's AWS 3G network.

3. Radios galore: The device will support GPS/A-GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, and FM radios.

4. a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash is on-board. You can preview pictures on the 3.5-inch AMOLED touchscreen.

5. There will be a 3.5 mm headphone jack.

6. TV-out is also a feature to display your photos and videos on the big screen.

7. 1 GB of memory will be onboard; the device will also be expandable, supporting microSDHC card formats up to 32 GB in size.

Our European friends can expect an August release, to which we in the States can drool. Will this be the Touh Pro2 killer? I know I sure want one.

Offline ChristianW7

Ok, that phone looks and sounds amazing.