Author Topic: A sneak peek at Android 1.5 apps from Google I/O  (Read 699 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
A sneak peek at Android 1.5 apps from Google I/O
« on: May 29, 2009, 04:00:24 AM »

Perhaps because the Google Android operating system is already a year old, because the Android Developer's Challenge will be kicked off after Google's I/O developer conference instead of before, or because the platform differences between Android 1.0 and Android 1.5 aren't as dramatic as those between iPhone 2.0 and iPhone 3.0, Android apps and the 1.5 Cupcake update failed to produce as much excitement this year compared to last.

However, that didn't stop a couple dozen publishers from showcasing their applications developed for Android 1.5, and it didn't stop us from picking out six favorites. Some of the apps implement newer technologies and solutions that further push what you can do on a mobile phone, while others demonstrated the seamlessness of their service between the desktop and device. With more Android phones expected to arrive on the market, like the HTC Ion Google given away to conference attendees, independent software developers will have greater opportunity to distribute their applications to a greater audience.