Author Topic: Your Windows 8 apps are crashing suddenly  (Read 1156 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Your Windows 8 apps are crashing suddenly
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:53:05 PM »
Here are some solutions for that!

Windows 8 runs a new kind of apps named as Metro Modern or some say them the ‘new style’ apps but, we will be calling them Windows 8 apps. These apps run in a new interface unlike the traditional desktop (x86) apps and hence, these apps face new problems like non-respond or crashing. Non-responding is due to hardware problems but, crashing of apps is completely a software problem which can be fixed.

Windows 8 apps can crash for a couple of reasons and some of the app crashes can be stopped while others can’t. Windows 8, without the Windows 8 apps is complete useless and when the apps start crashing then, Windows 8 completely fails as the new UI and apps have no use. But, don’t worry, we will help you diagnose and fix the app crashes and hope the apps won’t crash in future.

Before proceeding to the solution, let’s talk about the different ways apps can crash.

• Crash on launch: Some Windows 8 apps would simply crash when you press the tile to launch and pressing the tile repeatedly won’t do anything. You would just see the splash screen or some other app pictures before its crash.

• Crash after some use: Sometimes, the apps just crash suddenly while working fine. The app keeps working fine and then, the next second the app crashes and you are taken back to the Start Screen.

• Apps crash on some feature: The apps keep working fine until you access any feature of app and the app crashes e.g. Mail app crashes when the reply button is pressed etc.

The above reasons are just the most common ones which are the main causes of app crashes. There may be more which can cause the apps to crash.

Solutions:

Let’s see the solutions for different problems which have been divided into primary (important and mostly occurring) and secondary (not important and less occurring).

Primary

• Memory:

Most apps use a lot of RAM and if, not available then, the apps would simply crash. Even for me, Windows 8 apps crash despite the 3GB RAM of my laptop when I open up a lot of desktop and Windows 8 apps.

Fix

First of all, make sure that there is enough free memory (RAM) available for your Windows 8 and its apps. If, there is not enough RAM then, Windows may become laggy and the apps would crash automatically to save memory for the OS.

Also, make sure you close the Windows 8 apps which you don’t want to use as it would save memory.

• Drivers:

Windows 8 apps may start crashing if, any of the driver is not compatible with Windows 8. Windows 8 apps usually start crashing after installing drivers for graphics card.

My Windows 8 apps were constantly crashing after splash screen when I installed the graphics driver from AMD. Even the Camera and Store app wasn’t running. Uninstalling the drivers fixed the problem and all apps stopped crashing.

Fix

If, you think you apps are crashing due to the Windows 8 drivers, it’s better to uninstall those drivers. Also, who needs graphics card drivers when, Windows 8 comes with it pre-installed. I haven’t installed drivers on any of my Windows 8 PC and all PC’s are working fine with full hardware acceleration.

If, you are not sure which driver is causing the crash, simply uninstall them all and install one by one and see when the apps start crashing after installing each.

Secondary:

• App problem:

If, you don’t have any problem from the above mentioned ones then, the app crashing may be due to app corruption. Installing a lot of apps can corrupt any Windows 8 app files and the app can start crashing.

Fix

The best solution to fix app crashing is by uninstalling the app (follow the instructions here to uninstall) and reinstalling them again from Store.

You can reinstall all the Windows 8 apps from Store except the Store app which can’t be uninstalled. I bet your Store app won’t crash unless you have memory or driver problems.

Windows 8 Apps can also crash due to poor coding. If, you downloaded an app which has been coded poorly, then the app can crash. There is no solution for that unless the developer releases a fix in update (follow the instructions here to install app updates).

• App feature problem:

If, your Windows 8 apps crash after initiating a certain command e.g. starting to play a game, playing music/video etc. then, this might be due to the memory available for the app.

Fix

If, you are trying to play music, video, some game or other multimedia item then, the app may crash due to the low memory available. You can try clearing up the memory by closing unnecessary apps.

If, your app crashes after giving a certain command then, it may be due to the bugs. It’s better to notify the developer or if, any update is available, install it. There is nothing you can do if, a certain app crashes on a certain problem.

Well, these were the main reasons of app crashing and hopefully the solutions would have fixed your app crashes.

People searched for the following terms to get here:

• windows 8 music app crash

source:windows8core
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:57:42 AM by javajolt »