Author Topic: Leaked Document Confirms Windows 8.1 Update 2 Is In Development  (Read 1294 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Microsoft might have released new versions of its operating platforms left and right these past few months, but the company has been rather silent on what releases we can expect in the very near future.

This new leak from a fairly reliable source might shed more light on the matter.

A report recently published cites this document by Faikee, a prominent leaker of Microsoft information. And it confirms that development is underway at Redmond on a number of key products, including Windows 9 and Windows 8.1 Update 2.

Here, take a look at it yourself:

The software titan actually confirmed at the BUILD 2014 developer conference that it is working on the next version of Windows 8.1. Terry Myerson, the head of the operating systems department at Microsoft said at the event:

“I previewed some work we are doing for the next iteration of Windows, which builds on the journey we began with Windows 8 just over a year ago as well as the releases we’ve done since then. In particular, I showed some early thinking on how the user experience in Windows will evolve in a way that will help developers’ apps make their way to users across devices and form factors.”

While we have a bit of an idea of what the next full version of the operating system brings, only little is known at this point on exactly is set to arrive with the second refresh of Windows 8.1.

Whether this comes with the revamped Start Menu, or if the company opts to save this anticipated feature for Windows 9 remains to be seen.

But as far as the second update for Windows 8.1 is concerned, there is every chance that this new version will debut in the next few months. August or September, rumors say.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:52:59 PM by javajolt »