Author Topic: Asus Zenbook UX410 is a 14 inch Kaby Lake laptop with slim bezels  (Read 548 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Asus has a new laptop on the way, and and although the Zenbook UX410 has a 14 inch display, it’s expected to be the size of a laptop with a 13.3 inch or smaller display thanks to slim bezels around the screen.

According to the new product page for the laptop, the Asus Zenbook UX410 has a display with 6mm bezels on the left and right sides, which are just a tiny bit thicker than the 5.2mm bezels on Dell’s XPS 13 laptop.

But unlike the Dell XPS 13, the upcoming Asus laptop has a webcam above the display, rather than below it.

That’s significant, because while Dell’s thin and light laptops are excellent in many ways, one weird quirk is that if you try to use the webcam for video chat or web conferencing, your knuckles will show up in the shot any time you try to type… among other problems related to the camera angle.

First spotted by Notebook Italia, the Asus Zenbook UX410 webpage seems to be a work in progress. The spec sheet for one model doesn’t currently have the dimensions or weight of the laptop. And there’s some inconsistent information: some photos show a laptop with thicker bezels, and in at least one place there’s a picture that says the laptop has a 14 inch display… with a paragraph of text directly below it describing the notebook as having a 13.3 inch screen.

So take the specs with a grain of salt for now, but it looks like the notebook will be available with Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 Kaby Lake processor options, up to 8GB of RAM, up to 1TB of hard drive and/or 512GB of solid state storage, and with a 14 inch, 1920 x 1080 pixel matte display.

There’s also a model with NVIDIA GeForce 940MX graphics.

It’s not clear when the new laptops will be available, how much they’ll look like the pictures on the website, or if the estimated size and weight will match what’s listed for the model with NVIDIA graphics (12.7″ x 8.8″ 0.75″ and 3.5 pounds), but the UX410 certainly seems like a laptop worth keeping an eye on.

source:liliputing