Author Topic: Microsoft Already Starting on Windows 8  (Read 2563 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Microsoft Already Starting on Windows 8
« on: April 18, 2009, 01:59:53 AM »

This article was posted by Tuan Nguyen from Tom's Hardware, a great source for product reviews, comparisons, and analysis.

W8 W8
W8 W8

There's no doubt that many enthusiasts are waiting to see what the final version of Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system will look like when shipped.

How will Windows 7 perform? Will it be faster and more stable than Vista? Will it address all of Vista's shortcomings? Of course, we all know that Windows 7 is an evolution on Vista. Despite lingering doubts, those who have tried the public beta of Windows 7 already claim that it's one of Microsoft's best operating systems yet.

That's a great thing to hear because Microsoft is actually already starting to work on Windows 8.

According to a job posting on Microsoft's site, the company is starting to put its engineering team together for designing the successor to Windows 7. The job posting details of a storage related position with focus in the enterprise:

"For the upcoming version of Windows, new critical features are being worked on including cluster support and support for one way replication. The core engine is also being reworked to provide dramatic performance improvements. We will also soon be starting major improvements for Windows 8 where we will be including innovative features which will revolutionize file access in branch offices."

If you've got what it takes to be the "Lead Software Development Engineer in Test," apply here.

http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=524FE97F-DB02-4501-AD0E-8CCAF1719BB3

Or you can sit back and wait to see how Windows  8 will develop.

Offline cwl7454

Re: Microsoft Already Starting on Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 12:30:17 AM »
Microsoft really has no choice but to continue to alter and change the Operating System in order to keep the revenue gears turning. Why do you think they were so anxious to get Win7 out. Public was content with XP and subsequently OS revenue was on the decline. Vista was the attempt to get the cash flowing again but it was such a dissapointment not because it was simply a new OS or a radical change but because of the forward thinking of massive amounts of cash when people will  be forced to switch over to 64 bit. Why do you think that MS is cutting the updates, it's not that old, it's an attempt to force those diehards that are unwilling to buy a new OS on their own. Why do you think they are doing a radical change to Win8. Because of timing I was kinda forced to buy Vista; only because I wanted to go to x64; but I like alot of others will now not buy Win7, why should I. So, it has more eyecandy and handy dandy new features, nothing worthwhile for me to shell out another 200 hundred dollars and then turn around and do it again when Win 8 comes.

Can you imagine how much money they will make in side deals when everthing goes to 64 bit, which is where it is headed. Fortunately I got in early with the 64 build.

I will give them alot of credit for their thinking ahead so far into the future tho evan if it is not for the obvious reasons. ::)