Author Topic: Mac OS X 10.6 Beating Microsoft Windows 7 in Pre-orders  (Read 1057 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Mac OS X 10.6 Beating Microsoft Windows 7 in Pre-orders
« on: August 06, 2009, 01:55:05 AM »
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard after all is  Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Service Pack 1...javajolt

W7 W8
W7 W8

This morning as I was perusing Amazon's best sellers lists, I noticed something interesting: Mac OS X is beating Windows 7 in pre-orders. As of this writing, Amazon's list of the best selling software shows Mac OS X 10.6 and Mac OS X 10.6 Family Pack in the top two spots and Windows 7 in the #18 spot.

Don't freak out too much though. This doesn't mean that Mac OS X is going to eat up Microsoft's 90% OS market share.

What does it mean though? Well, it could mean many things. It could mean that Mac users are more aware of their OS's future. It could mean that the average Windows user doesn't know about or doesn't care about the upcoming release of Windows 7.

I happen to think the larger pre-order sales of Mac OS X compared to Windows 7 means that Microsoft's Os market share is not due to superior software, but due to Microsoft partnering with computer manufacturers to have Windows as the exclusive OS. When an average consumer's computer dies, they go to the nearest computer store and get whatever computer is the best bang for their buck. When they do this, they rarely consider the OS that will be accompanying the new computer. This is where a large majority of Windows sales come from—people buying computers with Windows being pre-installed.

Still, I think it will be interesting to see how Windows 7 does in the consumer market when both Mac OS X and Windows 7 have been released. Microsoft has an uphill battle to fight due to the abysmal Windows Vista consumer rejection. Although I feel that Windows 7 is just Windows Vista with a different name and a facelift, Microsoft is hoping that most consumers will be influenced by the Mojave effect.

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard will be released this September and Windows 7 is due for release on October 22.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 02:14:36 AM by javajolt »

Offline Jake

Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Beating Microsoft Windows 7 in Pre-orders
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 06:37:32 AM »
Wouldn't that be because almost every Apple user is going to switch immediately while PC users can still go out and buy XP or Vista?

That's right Apple, we can go out to REAL STORES and buy JUST THE SOFTWARE, not a whole MACHINE.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1