Author Topic: Apple Introduces Genius for iPad  (Read 687 times)

Offline riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
Apple Introduces Genius for iPad
« on: August 08, 2010, 07:17:07 PM »
Apple has enhanced the iPad App Store with a Genius section that provides two new ways to discover iPad apps.

While there’s yet to be an official announcement, the Genius option started appearing for iPad users late last night according to MacRumors. Apple has also confirmed with Mashable that the feature is new for iPad.

The new “Genius” option is situated next to “Updates” at the bottom of the store. Users who click it for the first time will need to agree to its terms of service before activating the feature.

Just as is the case with iTunes music and iPhone apps, Genius is designed to serve up user-tailored recommendations. iPad App Store visitors can visit the “iPad Apps” section to review a list of recommended apps based on previous purchases. Users can hit the “Not Interested” button below each app suggestion to clear it out in favor of something else.

The Genius portion of the Store also includes “iPad Upgrades,” a section that will list the iPad versions of your iPhone apps.

Genius is a small but important addition to the iPad App Store designed to ensure that users uncover apps relevant to their personal tastes, and ultimately download and purchase more apps.

Tags: App Store, Apps, Mashable, apple, Apple iPad, apple itunes, genius, ipad

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Re: Apple Introduces Genius for iPad
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 10:52:01 PM »
They are about as Genius as a picket fence.  I know next to nothing about apples and plan on keeping it that way too, but I corrected one of those So Called Geniuses when I was in the Apple Store with a friend here in San Francisco.  He was NOT a very Happy Camper after I corrected him but graciously apologized to my friend then glared at me again.....Oops!!  ;D ;D