Author Topic: Logitech pairs a smart cover and keyboard for Apple’s iPad  (Read 766 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Logitech pairs a smart cover and keyboard for Apple’s iPad
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »
Logitech introduced its newest iPad keyboard / cover combo on Wednesday and if you could imagine Apple designing such a product, this is what it would look like. The $99 accessory works with both Apple’s iPad 2 and the new iPad, pairing a smart case with Bluetooth keyboard. Logitech says if you use the keyboard for two hours per day, the batteries should last for six months.

I’ve never even entertained the thought of a keyboard accessory for my iPad, mainly because I don’t type long prose on it, but given the look and functionality the Ultrathin Keyboard Cover provides, I’m tempted to get one. I’d likely use the iPad more often as a result.

Aside from the Apple look-and-feel, Logitech made good use of the iPad’s internal magnets. Closing the case puts your iPad to sleep and of course, opening the case will wake your tablet. Magnetic hinges, similar to those on Apple’s own Smart Cover, keep the iPad attached to the case. For keyboard use, you simply place the iPad in a slotted grove above the keyboard’s top row of keys: A simple but elegant looking solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsIJUiTlrGI&feature=player_embedded#ws
Extra sleek and thin, the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover is a stylish, aluminum screen cover
that protects your iPad screen and features a built-in keyboard that pairs through Bluetooth.
It attaches securely to your iPad with a magnetic clip and its built-in stand holds
your iPad at the best angle, whether typing or watching a movie.