Author Topic: Even more rumors about Apple float by  (Read 771 times)

Online riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
Even more rumors about Apple float by
« on: October 16, 2009, 11:00:28 AM »
I'm sure most of you have heard at least one of the many rumors drifting around the Internet about new Apple products. If not, you ought to read this. But to add to that article, it seems that the new line of iMacs may feature at least one model containing Intel Core i7 (Clarksfield, the mobile/laptop version, as the parts within the iMac are generally the same as a laptop's) processors. With it, this would mark Apple's first ever quad-core consumer computer. These should be announced and released to stores before the Christmas rush, if Apple wants them to sell well. A new addition to the seemingly endless list of Apple updates is the all powerful Mac Pro. The already quite beastly Mac may be using a processor even more powerful than the iMac, as in Intel's six-core Gulftown (that's Core i9 on the stickers) processor, possibly in a 12-core configuration. The machine will also use a custom motherboard supporting up to 128GB of RAM and 10Gbps Ethernet. This would be the first computer to be released with the i9 processors, though that may change if Apple doesn't release this in time.

Source: Giz...modo
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 11:01:11 AM by riso »