Author Topic: Linux Blabla-Read this with a WINK  (Read 890 times)

Offline riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
Linux Blabla-Read this with a WINK
« on: March 14, 2009, 08:39:56 AM »
 ;)
Article: I tried to read ''Windows Users Are Whiners''

This has really opened my eyes on Linux, that's why it stays under 1% of the market share.
:
"Linux is hard to install"
You probably bought a computer with Windows preinstalled and bought a new one when it came to a grinding halt. Next time try reinstalling it from scratch, drivers and applications included.

"Linux doesn't support as much hardware"
Don't worry. The occasional digital camera, memory stick and USB harddisk will probably work. Check the Internet, select the proper components and buy a custom computer. It is probably cheaper than a computer off the shelf with Windows preinstalled. If you want a laptop, try a Dell or consult the Internet.

"I can't run my programs on Linux"
True, if you want to run Linux programs on Windows you have probably more luck to find a native Windows version. But there are more ways to get the job done. If you want to burn a CD, you don't need Nero. If you want to write a document, you don't need MS-Word. If you want to manipulate an image, you don't need Photoshop. If you want to develop a program, you don't need MS-Visual Studio. K3B, OpenOffice, GIMP and Kdevelop work just as well. And yes, we do have Firefox.

"I can't play my games on Linux"
Computers aren't there to play games. Try a console, buy an xBox and scratch your disks, I don't care. If you want to do something serious, try Linux.

"I don't want to work on the command line"
My girlfriend uses Linux all the time. She doesn't even know what a command line is. Get real. A good Linux distribution allows you to do all the essential stuff from the GUI. Don't tell me editing the registry is easy.

"Windows is just as secure as Linux"
Yeah, and my grandmother is world champion polka dancing. On Linux, there a no real threats where viruses, spyware or trojans are concerned. All the programs you have to install on Windows to get the thing remotely secure eat up CPU seconds and make your computer less stable and responsive.

"Windows is just as expensive"
Don't think because it came preinstalled that you didn't pay for Windows. Believe me, you did. And all these nice programs like Nero, Photoshop, MS-Office don't come for free as well. You're probably using pirated versions. Wait 'till your next WGA check.

;) ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 08:47:35 AM by riso »