Author Topic: How often should you turn off your phone? Here’s what the NSA says  (Read 2 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
How often should you switch off your mobile phone completely? This question is not just about saving the battery. It also contributes to the safety of the device. You should know this.

Image: Ton Photographer 4289/Shutterstock.com

Many people need to learn how to use a smartphone properly. After all, these all-rounder devices require regular maintenance and important updates in order to be optimally protected against wear and tear and attacks.

Switching you phone off completely protects it

Surprisingly, this includes a very simple function: switching off the smartphone completely. According to security experts at the NSA, this alone helps to protect the device from hacking attacks. It is now not only common to gain access to smartphones via malicious links, but also via so-called zero-click exploits.

This involves bypassing the smartphone’s security functions step-by-step. Starting with a missed call, then the first installed files that gradually allow access to the system and tap into information. This usually goes unnoticed, but can fortunately be prevented by completely rebooting the device.

So how often should I turn off my phone?

The simple answer from security experts as to how often a mobile phone should be switched off completely is: at least once a week. In the best-case scenario, however, you should remember to reset our phone even more often. This is because, in addition to eliminating the security risk, it also allows the smartphone’s operating system to run all functions smoothly.

By the way: To see how long your device has had to go without switching off, you can easily check the system settings. On Android devices, this can usually be found under “Device” and then “Status.” The uptime is displayed there in hours.

source