Author Topic: Windows 8.1 Comes With More Than 600 Keyboard Shortcuts  (Read 504 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Windows 8.1 Comes With More Than 600 Keyboard Shortcuts
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:16:53 AM »
Earlier today I shared the fact that the Windows 8.1 Mail app has over 60 keyboard shortcuts in that one app alone.

That prompted me to do a little research about how extensive the keyboard shortcuts list is for the entire OS and its built in apps.

There is a complete listing of all of the Windows 8.1 related keyboard shortcuts on the Windows Support site broken down by OS function and apps.

Here is a quick breakdown of the number of keyboard shortcuts you have available on Windows 8.1 and its built in applications:

I was aware that Windows 8.1 had not abandoned the mouse and keyboard because I use the OS daily in that non-touch configuration but I am quite amazed at the extensive list of keyboard shortcuts on the OS.

In particular the number of shortcuts available to a simple app like Calculator with 76 is simply unreal.

For an operating system that had apparently left the mouse and keyboard behind having nearly 600 keyboard shortcuts sends a very different message doesn’t it?

Are you a keyboard user? Any favorite shortcuts you want to share with everyone?

Source: Windows 8.1 Support Keyboard Shortcuts Page[/color]

source:windowsobserver