Author Topic: Transfer files between Android and Chrome with Fiabee Sync  (Read 393 times)

Online javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Transfer files between Android and Chrome with Fiabee Sync
« on: December 20, 2010, 06:36:37 PM »

Fiabee Sync is a free app which lets you upload files to the web and access them on multiple devices. When you sign up for a free account, you get 1GB of storage space, and you can install a Fiabee Sync extension on your Google Chrome web browser to make uploading files from your computer easy. When you open the Fiabee Sync app in Chrome you can either drag-and-drop files from your desktop to upload them, or click the upload button to open a file browser.

Once your files are online, you can use the Fiabee sync browser to view all of your files or sort by favorites, photo, music, or video. You can view images or access your media files from within your browser, but for some reason this only works if you first mark the item as a “favorite.”

While online storage integrated with your Chrome browser is interesting, things get really useful when you install the Android app. This lets you download files on your mobile device after you’ve uploaded them using your browser. You can also use it the other way around, to upload files from your phone and access them on your PC using the Chrome web browser.

Fiabee Sync is still in beta and it’s a bit rough around the edges. For instance, there’s a 7MB file size limit on uploads, and you get an error message suggesting you try the Fiabee desktop client if you want to upload larger files. Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any way to download the desktop client.

I’m also not exactly clear on why the company uses “Sync” in the title when it doesn’t actually synchronize your files — it stores them online and lets you manually upload them and download them from various devices.  Still, it’ shard to argue with the free price tag. I expect that Fiabee will start charging for additional storage space or additional features when the app exits beta.

Fiabee’s Chrome extension is available for free from the Chrome Web Store, while the Android version is available from the Android Market.