Author Topic: Apple to release its AR headset in 2022 and AR glasses in 2023  (Read 162 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Apple to release its AR headset in 2022 and AR glasses in 2023
« on: November 11, 2019, 07:54:16 PM »
We have seen several reports from the past that Apple is working on an AR headset. In September, the news was confirmed by Apple itself through iOS 13 final build which was released for developers.

In a read me file available in the build, Apple mentioned steps for developers on how to test AR apps without the AR headset. Apple is referring to AR headset apps as Stereo AR-enabled apps. According to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple will release an AR headset in Q2 2020. Unlike HoloLens which is a standalone AR headset, according to Kuo, Apple will project its AR headset as an accessory to iPhone and iPad.

Today, The Information reported that Apple is planning to release its AR headset in 2022 and AR glasses in 2023. In an internal presentation to employees, Apple Vice President Mike Rockwell, who leads Apple’s AR and virtual reality teams, revealed new information about the design and features of the AR headset. Read about them below.

■ These upcoming headsets will include features like 3D scanning and advanced human
      detection.

■ The AR headset will come with a high-resolution display (probably 8K).

■ There will be cameras that will allow users to see people standing in front of and behind
      virtual objects.

■ Ability to map the surfaces, edges, and dimensions of rooms with greater accuracy than
      current headsets like HoloLens.

■ The AR headset will look similar to Oculus Quest but will be made of lightweight materials
      for improving comfort.

Apple even demoed some features of its headset to its employees through a video in which a virtual coffee machine was placed on a real kitchen table surrounded by people in a room and the virtual coffee machine obscured people standing behind it in the room. I guess Apple might start talking about its AR headset to developers in 2020. Hopefully, Microsoft won’t miss the AR headset trend despite having a solid head start with HoloLens.

source