Author Topic: Maryfi is a Free Software Router for Windows 7  (Read 1985 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Maryfi is a Free Software Router for Windows 7
« on: September 26, 2011, 01:44:25 AM »
Windows: Remember Microsoft's Virtual Wi-Fi project for Windows 7? Well the project is officially dead, but the source code is still available, and free application Maryfi takes advantage of this to provide a software router that can share single-serve Wi-Fi networks such as those used at airports, hotels, etc.

Tethering and mobile hotspots such as Verizon's MiFi or T-Mobile's HotSpot are great if you're a frequent traveler or if your company is footing the bill. I travel to one or two conventions a year and usually tether to my phone's connection for Wi-Fi, but I didn't get a very good connection on the 37th floor and had to pony up for $15 for one day of unlimited Wi-Fi. Even worse was that the two friends I shared the room with used my laptop when they needed to check their email. If I had Maryfi, I could have just shared my hotel connection with everyone in the room.

Maryfi can share any type of internet connection on the host computer; other Wi-Fi enabled devices can see and join the Maryfi hotspot which can be secured with WPA2 encryption. Another use is to setup Maryfi as a repeater for your home router—this can help you stretch connectivity to a device just outside your current Wi-Fi range.

One app, Endless uses

With Maryfi you can share expensive airport Wi-Fi with co-workers,
create a hotspot in your Ethernet-only hotel or dorm room, even extend the range of your home router.

Maryfi is a free ad-supported program for Windows 7 available from the links below.

English Version  Arabic Version

Offline littlemax9

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 04:25:24 AM »
 ::) so i can use this to share my Wifi (like 3G stick ?) on my main computer to other's ?
“People liked NASCAR because the constant crashes made it exciting, and this gave me an idea...” - Bill Gates on Microsoft Windows

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:38:19 AM »
correct

Offline littlemax9

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 07:09:00 AM »
 ;D  woop woop  !! i'm using it now. Thanks mate
“People liked NASCAR because the constant crashes made it exciting, and this gave me an idea...” - Bill Gates on Microsoft Windows