Author Topic: Ron Paul for President, the Video Game  (Read 793 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Ron Paul for President, the Video Game
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:00:09 AM »
In this Super Mario Brothers-style game, players collect delegates and gold coins (of course) en route to the presidency.

This is a video for my kickstarter project for the Ron Paul: the Road to REVOLution video game.

Old school sidescroller-style, puzzle-driven, action adventure game featuring Ron Paul. Help Ron Paul to traverse each of the 50 united states collecting Sound Money and Delegates so that you can win the Presidency and eventually take down the Federal Reserve!

Features:

50  levels designed around each of the 50 united States

13 Boss Fights - representing each of the 13 branches of the Federal Reserve

Soundtrack by Between Cathedrals

Lots of easter eggs and fun stuff for Libertarians

Handpainted backgrounds that represent the history and essence of each of the United States

Challenging, puzzle-driven side scrolling action

Note: I uploaded this video on april 1st. This is not an april fools joke, I promise.

Kickstarter Project:
If caucuses, debates, and a blimp won't do the trick for you, there's always one final electoral ploy available: gaming.

Daniel Williams, a developer who helped create RonPaulSwag.com, has taken to Kickstarter, the site that allows creative projects to crowdsource their funding, to solicit funds. Williams says of Ron Paul Swag, "For the last year or so, my partners and I have been dedicating ourselves to making liberty sexy." Evidently, they've given up and headed in the opposite direction: old-school video games.

We kid, we kid (seriously, back away from the send button on that angry email, Paul fans). The game actually looks pretty awesome. It's done up in the style of Super Mario Brothers, but with cooler music, a little Ron Paul character instead of Mario, and what appear to be George W. Bush heads instead of koopa troopas. The game will have 50 levels, plus 13 boss fights, one for each of the branch of the Federal Reserve. The gold coins stay the same, obviously, although the player also collects delegates on the way to the White House.

Williams' Kickstarter was successful in raising the $5,000, although he's still collecting additional funds, so it's hoped his game -- which he says will be free -- is available soon. Once launched, it will surely be the gold standard in political video games.