Author Topic: eBay Helps You Dress Better with New iPhone App  (Read 582 times)

Online riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
eBay Helps You Dress Better with New iPhone App
« on: July 17, 2010, 07:53:12 PM »
eBay is on a mission to make itself an online destination for fashion-conscious shoppers, first with the launch of fashion.ebay.com in April, and furthered today by the launch of its eBay Fashion iPhone app.

As one would expect, the app [iTunes link] gives users access to eBay’s listings in the fashion category, as well as the “Fashion Vault,” eBay’s version of Gilt Groupe, a site that offers a mix of designer luxury goods for up to 70% off retail prices beginning at noon ET every weekday (incidentally, one of Gilt Groupe’s founders was a former eBay employee).

My favorite feature is the Closet. Users can store their favorite items here, and then drag, drop and resize them to create outfit montages on a white background or a photo. The feature is similar to the one Yoox created for its tenth anniversary campaign. You can share your finished outfits via e-mail but not, surprisingly, with your social networks.

In sum, it’s a very sensible app. It has features that offer real value to eBay’s fashion shoppers, without treading on the gimmicky — I would have disliked, for instance, an augmented reality feature that lets you “try on” items (they never line up properly), or a series of redundant videos about fall trends. I wouldn’t mind, however, a video or two with tips about how to score amazing designer deals on eBay — there are a lot of tricks to the search process, and fashion bloggers are fond of giving advice about the topic.
eBay Fashion

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Re: eBay Helps You Dress Better with New iPhone App
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 07:58:36 PM »
Yeah!! I walk around in that pose everyday, and with a pink handbag...Yikes!!!! :o ??? ::) :-[ :'(

I am so glad eBay does not dress me.... :)