Author Topic: Elon Musk Says Gmail Alternative Called XMail 'Coming'  (Read 67 times)

Online riso

• Administrator
  • Beta tester Tech support dedicated 110%
    • windows 10 news and info | Forum - Blog
Elon Musk Says Gmail Alternative Called XMail 'Coming'
« on: February 23, 2024, 07:29:37 PM »
Elon Musk says Gmail's alternative Xmail is coming soon. Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk revealed on his social media platform X that he will soon launch a new product called "XMail" as an alternative to the widely used Gmail service.
"It's coming," Musk said late Thursday when asked whether he planned to launch an XMail service.
Musk did not reveal any details about when the service might be launched.
His comments came in response to a post from a senior member of X's Security Engineering program, Nate McGrady, who had asked, "When we making Xmail?"
"Coming," replied Musk, setting the tech industry on fire as Google faced rumoured plans to sunset Gmail via a manipulated image that began circulating on social media platforms.
A follower replied: "Lost trust in Gmail. Time to make the switch to Xmail asap!"
Another commented that "I will use my Gmail as how I use my Hotmail now, for junks".
Earlier in the day, an image floated around on X that appears to show an email from Google about it "sunsetting" Gmail in August 2024.
The email turned out to be fake and "Gmail is here to stay," said Google.
The company is shutting down the basic HTML view this year and the users will be switched to the service's "Standard" view.
Musk took over X, formerly known as Twitter, in 2022 and has introduced a wide array of changes to the social media platform.
Gmail currently has more than 1.8 billion active users worldwide, accounting for about 30% of the global market share for email clients, according to Forbes.
Story and Pic via Inet/ Google/ Sputnikglobe/ businessinsider